I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time

I have a feeling I've used that song title for a post about Apple Blossom Festival last year or the year before, but I just can't help myself.  That is one of my favorite songs (an old 1940s Andrews Sisters tune), and I love that once a year this big festival makes me think of that song!  Anyway, this year's Apple Blossom was a little lighter than last year in terms of what we did, but it was still fun.


We started it off with our first trip to the carnival on Thursday.  And um . . .that was not so great.  It really attracts a crowd that to be honest, doesn't give off the best vibes.  I just felt like the environment wasn't that pleasant (tons of smoking, tons of crazy immodest clothes, cursing, etc).  I'm sure it has to do with the majority of teenagers that populate the carnival, but whatever, the kids actually had a great time.

We let the boys each pick three things (Anna just went along for the ride and didn't seem to notice).  They could do carnival games or rides.  First choice for both of them was this little "roller coaster."  Wyatt was pretty proud of himself that he went on it.


While waiting in line for the Ferris wheel (Jackson's choice), the kids got an icee treat.

Haha Erik doing work emails . . . typical- poor guy!

Jackson was so cute and nervous on the Ferris wheel.  He kept saying, "I didn't know it was going to go THIS high!"



I was actually a little nervous myself-- I'm definitely afraid of heights!

I love Jackson's expressions in these :)








After that Jackson choose as his last activity, a "magic house."  Anna was having fun watching Erik and Jackson go through it.





Go Erik! :)

Wyatt then choose that water gun/blow up balloon game.  He enjoyed it quite a bit.


Anna thought she was playing on one of the empty ones and had a great time too!

Last game for Wyatt was the throw the dart at the balloon game.  For this he got to pick a prize: a stuffed $100 bill key chain.  So random!



The next day school was due to Apple Blossom, but rather than go to the street fair like we did last year before the Bloomin' Mile race, I let Wyatt choose an activity.  He choose Monkey Joes with the Stakers!  He is seriously obsessed with Austin.  Every time he makes a wish (dandelion, candles, etc) he wishes for Austin to live with us forever :)




Love that face!

That afternoon (after putting on the "required" green and pink attire), we headed to Handley High School for the Bloomin' Mile Race.  This was Jackson's second time doing it, and I have to say this is my favorite part of the Apple Blossom activities.  Talk about a different crowd from the carnival, haha.

The kids were happy we met up with the Stakers.




Can you see Austin and Jackson behind the kid in yellow?  Go boys!!


Coming up to the finish!

Doesn't it look like he is giving it everything he's got?  I'm so proud of him!

Jackson really did an awesome job, beating his time by quite a bit from last year and just working hard!



Way to go boys! I was a little bummed that we couldn't stay for the fire fighter's parade like we did last year. That is a really fun parade, but alas we quickly went back home, hopped in the truck, and pulled the trailer to Petersburg to stay overnight for my mud run (had to make a choice between two great things!).

Happy Bloom!

Comments

Molly said…
looks like a fun time! what a cute festival

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures