Orlando Trip: Day One
Travel day for our Orlando trip finally arrived! Since I was using credit card points for my flight, Erik and I traveled separately. After eating a sort of gross wrap at the Salt Lake airport, I boarded for my short flight to Denver.
I listend to a lot of La La Land and some books and podcasts of course :)
I had a SUPER long layover in Denver, but it was pretty easy to pass the time. I walked about 3 miles while talking to my mom on the phone, and ate a pretty long and relaxing dinner at one of the restaurants in my terminal. Denver has a great airport!
I arrived in Orlando at about 11:30pm and then Erik and I rented his car and then drove a bit outside the airport to rent my car (he had found a good deal). Well unfortunately the rental place was terrible and added in a bunch of hidden fees, so after waiting 45 minutes we left without renting my car!
I was pretty excited to see the Disney World entrance sign!
We were both pretty hungry and chose Denny's as a super late (or super early?) dinner/breakfast haha
We slept in very late (the poor Clingermans were probably wondering if we were ever going to wake up that day!) And then we decided to head to Disney Springs to hang out! Our first plan was to watch Hidden Figures at their dine-in movie theater, but when we went to buy tickets we learned that Hidden Figures was playing in a room without the dine-in option. So, we decided to eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich and then see Hidden Figures in a couple of hours.
Earl of Sandwich is great! Amanda and I went here last February, but she was so sick that weekend that it was fun to get a re-do here!
We browsed around the shops for a bit.
And then went to the movie theater.
I had to find an old shot to compare our movie dates. Those were the good ol days at the Winchester Alamo!
We browsed some more stores. Erik bought a Harley Davidson beanie.
And then we had a yummy dinner at Olive Garden, and went back to the condo and just relaxed. It was a great first day of vacation!

Comments