HAMILTON DAY!!!
April 19th was such a great day for me, and it's fun looking at the pictures and re-living it! I left
Stockton about 10ish I think to pick up Erik from the airport in Oakland. We debated back and forth whether we should take BART into San Francisco or drive and park. We also were trying to figure out what to do in the city before Hamilton started. I knew a segway tour would be fun again, so we looked up what was available. The tour we booked was called Warf to . . . something I can't remember what it was called, because basically Erik and I were the only ones in the tour and could choose where to go with our guide!
It was such a beautiful day in the city! I feel like you never know if it will be foggy and cold, or sunny and beautiful . . . we got sunny and beautiful!
Segway outfit on! :) Oh yeah, because I was wearing birkenstocks and you have to wear closed toed shoes with this company, I had to borrow a pair of their crocks (ewww!). That was not my favorite part haha
Our tour guide was awesome and taught us so many cool things about the city!
He was so great!
We covered a lot of ground, and went to places I had never been!
Then he asked if we wanted to go down Lombard street (the twistiest, turniest street in the world!) and I was a little nervous, but of course we weren't going to pass up this chance!
It was pretty funny to have all the other tourists (on foot) just standing and watching us creep down the street.
We asked him to take us to a good place for a bite to eat, and he took us to his favorite pizza place. We got confused though and didn't realize he was taking us to the take-out counter, and we went to the sit-down restaurant next door (same pizza place). I'm sure he was wondering what was taking us so long!!
But our dinner was fantastic!!
After we got back to the segway office, we paid up, and then drove over to the theater. I changed in the car, and I was literally so excited I was shaking!
I seriously couldn't believe that I was seeing the show that I had been obsessed with since Spring 2015!!
And to top it off, we were in crazy good seats!!! If I have ever felt like a very lucky girl, it was that night.
I was already tearing up before it began!
As for my verdict of the show? It was AMAZING! You would think that a show that has SO much hype couldn't live up to it's expectations but it totally did and then some! Every single cast member was as good as I could have possibly imagined. Honestly I just sat there either crying or with the biggest, goofiest smile on my face eating everything up!!! I loved that because we were sitting so close, we could make eye contact with the actors, and really share an intimate theatrical experience. I know that my energy as well as the energy of every other excited person in that room was contributing to an amazing show. I JUST CAN'T STOP GOING ON ABOUT HOW GOOD IT WAS!!
We didn't get back to Stockton until about 2:00am, but honestly I didn't feel tired!! I'm seriously not sure if another day with Erik will top this one. It was just perfection from start to finish, and the fact that I could share it with my favorite person in the whole world made it 100X better.
Comments