Merry Christmas!!!!

Hmm, let's just do a giant post that covers all of Christmas Adam (ya know, the day before Christmas Eve), Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
One of the traditions I was excited to participate in again was my family's "Christmas Around the World Dinner."  Everyone picks one or two countries and shares a traditional holiday dish.  There was a lot of food (this picture was taken before many of the dishes were out!) and it was a lot of fun!


 

Back to Livermore we went to spend Christmas Eve.  We were so excited to see Erin, James, Jadie, and Parker who planned a sneaky surprise from Las Vegas!  I've been wanting to get Jadie and Anna together for awhile now, because they seem like they would have many similar interests.

Christmas Eve dinner was spent with Janet, Robert, and the sister missionaries at a yummy Chinese restaurant.  It was fun and the kids were very well behaved (which always makes restaurant time more fun!).

The kids unwrapped their fun presents from Grammy and Poppy (including Christmas Eve jammies!) and then we were off to Stockton.
When we got there, my family was just finishing the traditional Christmas Eve programs.  I'm glad I caught a couple of the items on the program and can't wait to come back for the whole thing in the future.  I love being with my family so very much.

 

Laying out ALL of the Christmas Eve stockings!  There are sure a lot of them!!



Some of the presents that Santa left behind.



Christmas morning came bright and early with whispered greetings of "Christmas Gift!" and waiting for all members of the family to wake up already! ;) I love how we line up youngest to oldest to walk down and see what Santa brought.




 

 


 


 

Excited faces!  There really isn't too many things that are better than being a parent to young kids on Christmas morning.  Pure magic!


 




 
















 




 

 


 


 


 



Of course after the unwrapping the real fun begins when you can play with your presents!!  Josh and Anna both share a love for Disney princesses (and both got quite bit of them for Christmas) had a lot of fun playing together.


Well, I guess I don't have any other pictures from the day, but it was a fun one!  We mostly just hung out and then most everyone went to see Into the Woods, which was . . . .interesting.  Definitely was uncomfortable with the kids being there in some parts.  But we had some good discussions afterwards and Jackson decided that the girl that plays Little Red Riding Hood had the best voice and has been listening to her songs (of course I got the soundtrack!) quite a bit!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures