New Year's


 On New Year's Eve, we decided to use Grammy and Poppy's Christmas present of tickets to a basketball game (the kids got to choose between a BYU game and a Jazz game and they picked Jazz) and see a game!
 It was fun to see the lights in Salt Lake.
 We were seated way up high, but it was still fun!








 The boys were jealous of Anna's jazz shirt she got from a dancer :) 

 Part of our ticket included a hot dog for each of us.  It really was a great deal for a Jazz game!
After the game we came home and started our movie marathon.  This year the family voted on a "Despicable Me" marathon.  We started with Minions and just got halfway through Despicable Me 1 before the kids were all asleep haha  When it was close to midnight, Erik decided to wake up Jackson since he hadn't missed celebrating new years at midnight since he was 4.  I guess we were all exhausted this Christmas break!

More Sunday morning crafts that made me smile :) 
I wanted to bring a new book on vacation, so of course I needed Amanda's input on my YA choices ;) 

It seems that every winter vacation break we get burgers for dinner one night (either In N Out or 5 Guys), and our break was ending with no burger night!  I was not about to let that happen, so on Monday night we got some.  Yum!
Man, I'm still a little disappointed I gave up on this puzzle.  We had it out during Christmas and Anna loved working on it for a while- she made a ton of progress- and I worked on it little bit.  But then life got busy again, and I was sick of it taking up space.  Maybe we will try it agin next year!
This Barbie book from the library cracked me up with the nurses wearing these heels on their shift!
Between different coupons, Erik and I had lunch at Chick Fil A for $3!  Between us we got 3 chicken sandwiches, 1 chicken noodle soup, and 2 drinks :) 
One of Erik's Christmas presents came late in the mail.  I was so excited about these leggings, and I loved picturing Erik picking them out! 
Anna got an adorable matching mermaid blanket for her doll.  Kaitlin and Iva made them for the girl cousins.  How cute is that??

Our annual tradition of Old Befana coming and leaving calendars and donuts for the kids continued.
And the morning Erik and I left for Florida was the coldest morning in Utah of the year!  I can't say I was sad about traveling to a warmer climate for a couple of days!

On that Friday, it was Wyatt's turn to teach something to his 2nd grade class.  Every Friday, a 2nd grader teaches the class how to do something.  We found these cute cootie catchers on etsy and Wyatt was excited to have his class make them too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures