Top 10 of 2008

I love year end lists like the ones that come out this time of year, so I'd thought I'd make one myself of my top 10 favorite things of 2008.

In no particular order, well except the first one that really is the top! :) :

1. Wyatt being born. The whole experience of being pregnant (and not getting super sick like last time), a much better C section, and not being completely drugged up was so much better. Then in the end, I got an adorable sweet baby boy that has added immeasurably to the Nyholm family already.

2. Talking and playing with Jackson. This year was so much fun to finally hear what Jackson has been thinking this whole time. I love just having conversations with him, b/c I never know where they will lead. He's definitely my little buddy.



3/4. Seeing Derrick come home from his mission/ Our summer trip home. I love Derrick so much and enjoyed his letters with all their optimism and testimony while he was gone, but it was sooo great to get him back. With all 23 of us there to welcome him, it was a lot of fun. Our trip home to see my family and the Nyholms was really wonderful. Everyday there was some great activity to do, and Jackson adored being with his grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins so much.


5. Dancing again. It was a lot of fun to start dancing again in a civic ballet company that my friend started. Its too bad I had to stop after our performance in April, b/c I was pregenant. It made me realize I don't need to give that up though.


6. Camping in Yellowstone. It was so much fun to go camping with Erik, Jackson, and Maverick. Its nice to have such an amazing national park so close to us (just an hour and a half away). There were so many baby animals out- Jackson loved every second of it.



7. The election and election coverage. Though, I was considered a "socialist" in the reddest county of the reddest state, I proudly had Jackson wear his Obama shirt and loved it! :) Meet the Press and Charlie Rose were my drug of choice for my addiction to the election coverage and now I can't wait until the new year when we get policy talk!


8. Going away with Erik for our anniversary. We did this for my birthday last year as well, and it was so nice. Erik's sister Kaitlin was so nice to watch Jackson. Its always nice to have concentrated time like that. Too bad it won't be happening again for a long time :(


9. Having family come here to visit us. We were blessed this year to have Erik's family and mine come up different times throughout the year. Being with family really sustains me, and we appreciate the sacrifice it takes for them to visit us up here.

10. My Mom coming to help me after Wyatt's birth. My Mom came for almost two weeks and was definitely a life saver. Jackson got plenty of attention while I was busy trying to figure out how to nurse Wyatt, sleep, and recover from a C section.




I'm sure there are more things that happened that would make the list this year, but I don't want to make this a novel so I'll stop. I know 2009 will bring much more too!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
This is a great list! I've been trying to think of what to post for my final post of the year before I print to book, and I think I'm giong to copy this idea. Thanks :)
Molly said…
Cute idea Jen. I miss you. I got your message the other day. We just got back Sun. night, and then just got back again today for our Anniversary. I feel like I have a million things to do to get our house/life back in order after the holidays, but I can't wait to talk and catch up!
Emily said…
I LOVE YOUR POST.
That was fun to read Jen. We've had a lot in common this year. I'm not so sure about the "Obama" issue but I guess we can still be friends. I hope you can start dancing again too. Dang I really miss it. I'm afraid I don't get much time for myself these days. I hope your New Year is good so far. I miss you. Hopefully we can meet up sometime this year.
It looks like you have had a wonderful year! I forgot that you were a democrat...Mark and I could have used the local support this election...we even had a party the night Obama won with our only democrat friends ( who happen to be from Oregon:-) Like you I l am looking forward to this next year and hopeful for some much needed change. Reading you talk about dance makes me miss it soo much. Who is this company with? I'd love to start dancing after the baby comes.
erin said…
i like this. i like your family.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures