New Era

Whew! We made the looong drive to Stockton. We didn’t leave Rexburg on Saturday until 8:30pm, and we were planning on stopping halfway and staying in a motel. Unfortunately, all of the motels from Battle Mountain to Winnemucca were totally booked. So finally, at 5:00 am we stopped at a Flying J and slept for 2 hours, then continued on, found a church in Auburn, and finally arrived in Stockton 17 ½ hours later. I’m soo glad that’s over!


Our last week in Rexburg was as perfect as it could possibly be. I took Jackson to some of our favorite places, and we had a few dinners with some of our friends. On Friday night, one of our neighbors set up a good bye get together. We felt so loved J It was sad to leave, but we are excited for our next chapter.

Our next chapter, thankfully, includes a job!! Erik got an offer for truss plant manager position (same thing he was doing for Stock) in Visalia, CA. It has been nothing short of a miracle how it all went down, and we are so thankful for this blessing. It will be nice to be closer to both of our families (about 2 ½ hours away). We went and checked the place out yesterday while my Mom watched Jackson. It seems like a nice (and hot!) place. So if anyone has plans to go that way (Its very close to the Sequoia National Park), come visit!


I'm going to miss this temple. So pretty.

Last FHE at the temple :)
Maverick is still in Rexburg. The Jensens are taking care of him. I think Wyatt misses him!
Our trip to Rigby lake. I wish I went there way more this summer, because they made soo many improvements to it. It was quite nice.

Our lovely neighbors (bad picture)
Wyatt was extremely happy to be out of the car seat after our all day search for a home to rent in Visalia. The poor kid was never out of a car seat.
Having fun with Daddy :)

Comments

Jennie said…
Congrats Jen! What a relief to know what you're doing! We're going to miss ya up here!
Emily said…
That is awesome for you guys. Man, I hate that drive. Um are you leaving your dog is Rexburg forever. I hope you get him back.
sally said…
yay! actually kevin is in visalia today...i'm sure molly is happy too, you'll be not only in california but nick has to go to visalia ocasionally for work :) So i see some play dates coming up :) maybe we'll even get to see erik again...i was just looking at pictures of him from that summer of dating...so many fun memories!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures