D.C. Temple

Yesterday we were able to take a trip to the temple.  As I had never been to the D.C. temple I was super excited!  We tried things a little differently this time.  First Erik went in and did a session while I hung out with the boys, then I went in while he stayed with them.  We both really liked doing it this way, it was a fun family outing!

This temple is so huge!  It really is the biggest temple we've lived near (and we've lived near quite a few!!).  I didn't realize that it was built and in the 70s and for many years it was the only temple on the Eastern U.S.  It was the temple for people all the way down in Central and South America, even.  Luckily there are many more temples now!

The boys always love finding the "golden Moroni"

Hanging out in the visitor's center.  It really kept their attention for a quite a while.  We went into one of the little theaters and watched a movie about pioneer children.  Jackson really wanted to see the movie about a young Joseph Smith that he had seeing on a trip to the Mesa Temple visitor's center with my Mom.  I guess it's about him being sick, and it made quite an impression on Jackson-- he has told me about many times!




When I was trying to take a picture of them, I didn't realize that the camera was on video setting.  When I saw this little 3 second clip later, I thought it was a good representation of how our pictures usually go.
Untitled from Jenny Nyholm on Vimeo.

Comments

Molly said…
Such a nice thing to do with your family! And now I am wondering why didn't I ever think of that? Swapping with the kids so you can both do a session? We will have to try! How far is the temple from you guys?
Molly said…
Such a nice thing to do with your family! And now I am wondering why didn't I ever think of that? Swapping with the kids so you can both do a session? We will have to try! How far is the temple from you guys?
Kelsey said…
this has nothing to do with your post....but I'm thankful for blogs especially with you guys being so far away now, it makes you seem not so far.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures