He's Officialy Two!

We finally celebrated Wyatt's birthday yesterday!  Poor guy had to wait almost a month, but I don't think he minded too much.  The boys helped me make the cake and frosting and decorated for our (small) party during the day.  Then we patiently waited (some of us more than others) for Erik to get home to start :)

Reading the clues for the chaser.  I had to keep reminding Jackson he had to stay behind the birthday boy during the chaser!  Wyatt really seemed delighted each time he realized the presents we were finding were for him!

Right before we dug into the cake!  Erik took a really long video with the camera.  Pretty much the whole chaser, present opening, and candle blowing were on the video, so we didn't get pictures of any of that :(  Not that the cake was anything too special though, I knew I didn't have the time with all the craziness going on to do anything too intense.  We found a Mickey Mouse shaped cake pan that came with a face you slapped onto the frosted cake and called it a day.  Wyatt loves Mickey Mouse, so it actually worked out great!

Our little Wy-Guy is such a delight!  He brings so much joy, I can't imagine our family without him for sure.  He loves to dance and be a "rock star" (his words!).  His words are pretty amazing to me.  He says pretty much whatever he wants (and we understand him 95% of the time).  Some of his favorite songs to sing are, "Sunbeam," The ABC song, the Elephant Song from Barney, really upbeat Backyardigan songs, Wheels on the Bus, and Book of Mormon Stories.  If I start to sing a song he doesn't like he is sure to let me know in a big way!

Wyatt still isn't a big eater.  Some of his favorites are bananas, raisins, American cheese, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, hot dogs, cold cereal, yogurt, FRUIT SNACKS, and suckers (real healthy right?).  The only vegetable he'll eat right now are baby carrots with ranch.  However, as soon as he crunches them up and gets all the ranch off of them, he spits them out and gets a new one!  Right now his favorite thing is "alloms"/olives.  He would eat two cans by himself if I let him!
Some of his favorite shows to watch are Dora, Mickey Mouse, Barney, Monsters Inc (which he was quoting randomly the other day-- Uncle Derrick would be proud), Shrek (he seriously loves those movies and I always try to steer him away, but he will not budge!), and Calliou.

He is a very sweet boy, and often will try to comfort Jackson if he is upset.  He loves Maverick and is just beginning to realize his power over him (especially if Wyatt is holding a doggie treat, Maverick will be very obedient!)  He's so good at being reverent for prayers and hearing him "read" his verse at scripture study every night is the sweetest thing in the world.  He repeats back what Erik or I say in a soft voice and it's just so cute!  He's really into using his imagination and especially loves to pretend he's a "worker man" going to work.  I've mentioned the voice before, but it's so cute.  He'll walk up to me and in a deep voice will say, "Bye Sweetie, Love You" 
He LOVES trucks, especially those that have sirens.  If he sees any vehicle that looks cool he goes through a little routine that's pretty funny.   This is how it goes:
Wyatt: Truck! (or motorcycle, fire truck, police care, whatever he sees)
Me: Oh is that a truck?
Wyatt:  Drive it!
Me: Oh, you want to drive it?
Wyatt: Tricky!
Me: Oh is it tricky to drive it?
Wyatt:  Older!
Me: You'll drive it when you're older?
Wyatt: 6!
Me: Um, you can't drive it when you're 6!

He seriously does this multiple times a day.   He loves to get a reaction from me.  Anyway, I could go on and on, but the point is I love Wyatt so very very much!

(I don't have his stats b/c he hasn't gone to his well check yet.  Who knows when that is going to happen b/c the boys can't get established with the pediatrician here until I get their medical records faxed from every place they've gone to since birth!  That's 6 different offices, so it might take a while.  It's amazing how much work is still being discovered from our moves!)

Comments

Tera said…
So cute. It's so amazing how much their little personalities develop between the ages of 18 months and 2 years.
Molly said…
Cute little boy! I love his conversation with you about trucks/cars...totally reminds me of max...little boys are so cute! :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures