All the Small Things
It is certainly getting harder and harder to find time for blogging (much less preparing my YW lessons, bills, cleaning, showering, exercising, etc!). Good thing we haven't done too many exciting things :) Everyday Erik asks me how my day was as soon as he comes home. It's usually the same: I have moments of perfect joy, moments of utter frustration and everything in between! I'm sure it will be that way for a while. One thing my life is not is boring.
Yesterday for our Family Home Evening activity, the boys wanted to do a pretend birthday party for Erik. They've been counting down the days until his birthday (which is the 30th of this month), I think because we've been saying for months now that Grammy, Poppy, Kaitlin, Toa, Kelsey, Jeremy, Adelyn, Bailey, Camia, Erin, James, Jadie, Paul, Danielle, and Peter will be with us when it's Daddy's birthday. Jackson and I even made a paper chain to count down the days that has a fun activity or a service written on each chain link (an idea we got from the Friend and we did to count down Anna's birth)-- they are excited. So anyway, last night we had a "pre-birthday bash" complete with a citrus chiffon cake, wrapped up toys, and a chaser done by Jackson.
It was cute to see how excited they all were (OK to be honest, Erik didn't share the same enthusiasm!)
My favorite thing about the night though was Wyatt's lesson. For a month and a half or so, we've been rotating the boys in our lesson rotation. It's always very simple. They usually just pick a gospel art kit photo, I explain what is happening and the application for us. We practice it a couple of times during the day and then they present it. Wyatt picked out the story of Moroni burying the golden plates and he did such a great job! (he's wearing a different outfit in the pic, because I asked him to do it again today and I took a picture :) )
Comments