Christmas Is Coming, The Goose Is Getting Fat
Well, Christmas is indeed coming. I can't believe it's coming so fast though! I was feeling kind of overwhelmed with everything that we need to do in the next two weeks before we head out to CA (overwhelmed in a good way though, they are all fun things after all!) and then I got "reminded" that Erik and I are to give talks this Sunday in sacrament meeting. This was a total surprise to us, but the counselor in the bishopric thought we knew (it's a long story). Anyway, that kind of thing really stresses me out, so I'm determined to just go with the flow and enjoy everything that is going on- even the preparing of a talk :) My stresses are all relative though, compared to what many are having to face this week, this is soooo nothing!
Here are some of our happenings over the past few days:
On Friday afternoon, we had some friends over to make gingerbread houses.
Am I surprised that both of my boys are in superhero costumes while doing this activity? No I am not.
Anna stayed pretty happy eating her first graham cracker. I was feeling like I was giving her such a treat with this. Later, I saw her crawling around the floor with two hot cinnamon bears in her tightly clutched fists. She was eating them and loving it! I was a mean Mom and quickly took them away, but thought it was funny that this was her first introduction to sugar. Ah, the third child!
A few of the cute kiddies
Friday evening, we went to Costco to get our Christmas tree. Unfortunately, there was no chopping-our-own-tree-down-excitement this year!
Cinnamon rolls while decorating the tree: yum!
On Saturday, I took the boys to the new Muppet movie. I had weirdly high expectation for this movie and it did not disappoint! I've been listening to the soundtrack and for anything to get into my listening rotation in the month of December that is not strictly Christmas music is quite the honor! :) Jackson really liked it too (although he hated whenever the word marriage was brought up!!) Wyatt, I was a little worried was too young for the movie, but it ended up working out really well. He enjoyed the first 2/3 and then just fell asleep on my lap for last 1/3!
On Sunday, we had FHE at our house with a few families. The kids got into the costumes and there was quite the battle over the Spiderman costume between Piper and Wyatt. Piper was happy with the Woody costume temporarily, but it didn't last long :)
Not the happiest Spiderman!
Monday, saw our house turn into Cookie Central Explosion. I didn't do a final count, but basically we made 5 batches of sugar cookies and 4 batches of oatmeal chocolate chip (half of the chocolate chip dough went into the freezer). Next Monday we're doing more- 'tis the season for cookies (and messy kitchens)!
It helps to be dressed as a ninja while rolling out the dough. You never know when an evil force will come at you!
Wyatt holding the plate of cookies we brought over to our local fire station. It was a fun family activity. I think Wyatt was a little disappointed though, because in his head we were going to do the whole tour like we did in the spring. At least we got to peek into the garage and see the big trucks!
Yesterday was cookie decorating at our house for playgroup.
And, this took a good hour of Jackson's time yesterday afternoon. He was pretty proud of his "snakey!"
So now, onto addressing Christmas cards, final gift buying, YW, and finishing my talk. Any takers on the talk???

Comments
b) i am SO excited to see you guys...and for Asher to play with his BOY cousins
c) josh has to speak on sunday, too, but not me. so sorry!!