Firefighter to the Rescue!

On Tuesday, I ventured out for the first time with the three kids to playgroup.  It was a field trip to the fire station, and since Wyatt pretends to be a fireman quite often, I knew this would be worth the effort.

I don't know if you can see Wyatt at the very right of the picture, but he does not look very happy!  One of the firefighters put on the whole deal (fire suit, oxygen mask, etc)  I guess Wyatt didn't appreciate the firefighter sounding just like Darth Vader, so when they invited the kids to the front to see it all up close, Wyatt was not having it!  I thought he would be OK if I held him, but no.

During the tour, the firefighter let the kids sit in the different fire trucks and ambulances.  I guess because the stairs up to the trucks were so tall, he hoisted each kid in and out.  It was so funny when, without fail as he hoisted Jackson, his face turned red and he grunted, "Whoa, you're a big one!"  You'd think by the 3rd or 4th time, he'd remember to just let Jackson climb on his own . . . so proud of my solid boy :)

 . . . and Wyatt was nervous to go into the trucks (I think in Wytatt's mind, Darth Vader/fire fighter set a dangerous tone for the rest of the tour).


We had a really big group, this doesn't even show all of the kids!


Anna stayed pretty happy in the Moby throughout.

The other night while Erik mowed the lawn, I kept seeing the boys trailing after him, back and forth.


It was so cute, but every time Wyatt saw me take a picture he started rolling on the ground.

Yes, that is impressive Wyatt :)

Sweet little curled up Anna

And last night, Erik fulfilled one of his dreams by buying a travel trailer.  We've been (well really just Erik) scouring Craig's list trying to find a good deal, when alas finally one was found!  Erik and the boys went and picked it up last night.

I am excited thinking of the little trips we are going to take in this thing.  I also love how Erik's dreams have changed from getting a Big Boy Harley to getting a travel trailer to take the family in-- he is truly domesticated :)

Comments

kathryn said…
So fun! I love the personalities of your kids! And the picture of Anna all curled up is so sweet. And the trailer will be fun too! Do you have any trips planned yet?
Molly said…
looks like a cute trip to the fire station :) fun you guys got the camper trailer!
Kaitlin said…
omgosh...eri is SO his father's son.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures