Baby Shower
Saturday was Amanda Clingerman's baby shower! Lisa, Stephanie (Amanda's mom), and I threw it and it turned out really fun! I'm so happy that I've been able to count Amanda as one of my greatest friends. She's been so much fun to work with in Beehives, visit teach, hang out with at playgroup, and any other opportunity we get. I'm so happy for her to have her second baby and first boy!
The shower's theme was nautical, so Lisa made these cute jello boats.
And pinterest supplied the idea for these nautical cutlery sets :)
There was lots of yummy food that people graciously brought. My favorite was the Paula Deen pecan french toast that Stephanie made, yumm-y!
Bethan was a big help with the kids down in the basement. Erik helped out with Bishop's store house all morning, so it was nice to have them occupied.
Oh, I should mention that Amanda made the cute bunting. I felt kind of guilty that the shower honoree made her own decorations haha :)
Look at the sweet newborns! Our ward is seriously a baby factory right now. The mother's lounge is going to be seriously crowded by year's end!
Wanted to get a picture with Amanda and never did, oh well! It was a really fun morning . . .
. . . until one of my "brilliant" ideas didn't go over too well. I also found on pinterest an idea I liked. People would write some little nugget of advice for Amanda on having your second, having a boy, etc, roll up the paper and stick it in a bottle. Well only like three people ended up doing it, but no matter I was excited to smash the bottle in a bag outside to retrieve the papers to give to Amanda.
But poor Jackson stepped on a stray piece and cut his foot. Mother of the year award for me right? I felt so bad! Luckily, it didn't seem to bother Jackson too much, but still!
Next time my party will be broken glass free (no Jewish weddings for me!).
Comments