Pictures From My Phone: Summer Edition
Our cucumber plant has been producing quite nicely. Anna and I are the only ones that like to snack on them, so we've been making a lot of jars of pickles. So far we've made 4 jars of dill and 4 jars of bread and butter. Tonight I have 6 jars worth of relish sitting in salted water and spices waiting to be canned tomorrow night. I hope the neighbors are OK with pickles for Christmas this year haha.
I've been trying put up some basil too from our garden. So far I've done several small bags of pesto and frozen chopped basil in ice cube trays. I found a recipe for basil/blueberry infused vinegar that I will can after it steeps for 4 weeks (!). I'm really hoping that this will turn out, because good vinegar mixed with olive oil is so delicious on salads! Anyway, I probably shouldn't start a post about all of this food storage, because I know I have bored everyone (all 3 of you, haha).
Last weekend, Erik and I went out and saw Spiderman. We loved it! Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are two of the most adorable actors, I love that they are a couple in real life too.
The other day, the kids and I went to McDonalds to use up our ice cream card we got from the library's summer reading program. All of the kids were so excited to be doing something like that in the middle of the day (very unusual). They were happy and well behaved and it was just one of those perfect Mommy moments that are just fun!
Last Wednesday, we went over to celebrate Hadley's birthday at the Taylors. Andrea made these two cakes from scratch and they were so very delicious. My resolve to eat less dessert is seriously undermined by my friends!
Thursday was the last day of swim lessons, woo-hoo! It's been a great experience for the boys, but I'm happy that we get our morning back after 4 weeks. It was especially nice being in the water with Wyatt to get him a little more comfortable in the pool (Anna was babysat every morning by the fabulous Walton girls). I'm always a little sensitive to Wyatt's needs as the middle child- Mommy guilt often leaves me feeling bad for things I'm not able to do for him, so it was great spending the one on one time with him!
And Jackson continues to be our little fish. I was a little worried at the start of summer that he had forgotten all he learned in Arizona two summers ago. However, after a few lessons he caught back up and then some. He's now graduated to Swimming level 3-go Jackson!
The boys loved showing off what they learned for Erik, who came by to see their last day. Jackson got lots of chances to jump off the diving board into "the number 12 deep!".
On Friday, we went to Jim Barnett park for a fun picnic with the Stakers
funny kids!
Water seems to have special magnetic powers that attract kids.
Love when these kids are playing together and not fighting!
Comments