Update
I joined the gym on Tuesday. With some changes that seem to happening at Erik's work (causing him to go in earlier and get home later), and Anna not taking consistent naps, plus it being too cold to take them in the jogger, I just didn't see another way of getting in a workout. We've gone 3 times and the kids did great with the lady that works during the weekdays. On Saturday however, I took Anna and Wyatt and the girl that worked in the child section was horrible. I will definitely be sticking to the weekdays from now on.
Erik and I went and saw Lincoln Friday night- it was amazing! Seriously one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was a much needed time away for the two of us as well.
Last night, we enjoyed a dutch oven cook out with our friends the Hambricks. They have 3 boys, whom our boys love and Jake is in the bishopric with Erik, so I think they are going to become closer buds :)
Today, we made it through our third Sacrament meeting without Erik sitting with us. Last week Sydney, one of the kid's very favorite babysitters just came and sat with Anna and Jackson when she noticed I had to take Wyatt out to the bathroom. She sat with us for the rest of the meeting and ended up being a huge help. Today Bethan (another favorite babysitter) came and sat with us. We have the best young women. Erik came home for about 2 hours after church and now he is at a different meeting. I'm definitely counting on the blessings I know will come to our family as we serve in different capacities :)
I discovered "a mommy blog" that I really like. http://www.71toes.com/ I like the way that her thing seems to be making deliberate parenting choices as a mother. That really speaks to me, even though I often fall short of being a deliberate mother.
I discovered "a mommy blog" that I really like. http://www.71toes.com/ I like the way that her thing seems to be making deliberate parenting choices as a mother. That really speaks to me, even though I often fall short of being a deliberate mother.
The kids are about to put on their jammies and then we are going to watch Sofia the First on the Disney Channel. I think because it reminds me of growing up and watching the Disney Sunday movie as family, I am really excited about this.
Oh while Erik was home we made our "Christmas bucket list" of Christmas-y things we want to do together this holiday season. I am soooo excited for Christmas time to kick into high gear. I finished all of my Christmas gift buying on Thursday (the first time I've ever finished this early). I still need to mail the packages to family far away, but I'm excited to use my "holiday energy" in more ways than thinking of and buying gifts.
Of course the popcorn had spilled all over the floor within the first 5 minutes! :)
Comments