Thanksgiving Break

We started off our Thanksgiving weekend with some good ol' mall arcade time.  Originally, we had planned to go bowling, but the bowling alley is lame here and doesn't have open bowling until 9:30 pm on some nights.  So we went to the arcade instead.  To be honest, the kids had just as much fun as they would have bowling, but for a fraction of the price :)






Anna is really into getting pictures taken of her (she didn't stand a chance with a mom like me that takes pictures of her kids every time they move).  Whenever she sees the camera, she'll say cheese and then say, "I see. I see," insisting that I show her the picture.  I don't know if it's a girl/boy thing, but Jackson and Wyatt did not do this.




So on Thanksgiving morning, Erik went to play in the ward "turkey bowl" while the kids and I had some chocolate chip pancakes and watched the Macy's Parade.  Seriously, I love that parade.  At least I love the first part with all of the Broadway preformances.  Jackson was pretty excited that Carly Rae Jepsen sang. He still likes Call Me Maybe.  Later that morning, Erik gave the kids a bath.  After drying them off, he laid Anna down in the guest bed with some Yo Gabba Gabba while he helped the boys dress.  When he walked back in, Anna was sound asleep. 

We were thankful to get an invitation from our friends the Johnsons to spend Thanksgiving with them.  We did this two years ago, right when we moved to Winchester and were so happy to do it again.  This time it was just Jimmy and Amy, their kids: Wyatt, McKartnee, Walker, and Camden, Jimmy's brother Jordan (who I have really fun memories with, driving between Rexburg and Provo when Erik and I were dating) and Jordan's girlfriend.  The kids played really well together and had a great time!

As you can see in this picture, Erik had a great time! :)  It's always so fun to hang out with them.
Friday, Erik very sweetly agreed to paint the family room and kitchen.  Yay!!  I've been wanting to paint over the yellow for so long (yellow is actually my favorite color, but this shade that was here when we bought the house was not my favorite).
I pretty much just kept the kids away from the paint.  In the morning we went to the gym and I tried to think of other things that we could do together (not black friday shopping!!)
I think this picture pretty much sums up the boys' eating habits.  Jackson was all over the Thanksgiving leftovers and Wyatt is perfectly content with his mac 'n cheese that he requests everyday that he's not requesting chicken nuggets!
 
After Anna's nap, we went over to Kidz Play.  I was worried that it would be chock full of dads and kids banished there while the Moms were shopping (sexist much?).  However, there were only like two other families, score!







Jackson was certainly playing hard.  It was great to see them get so much energy out on a cold and chilly day!



Love this joyful boy!
Later in the afternoon, we watched a movie in the basement, I took the kids to McDonalds for dinner, and then Erik was done!  He did an awesome job.  I'll have to post the before/after pics.
On Saturday morning, we had the opportunity of meeting up with one of Erik's best friends from childhood, Mark Christensen, for breakfast.  He was passing through after spending Thanksgiving in the DC area with his brother on his way back to Texas.  It was a lot of fun.  His wife, Andrea, was really nice and easy to talk with, and their two kids were Jackson's and Wyatt's ages, so they had fun.  I also loved hearing stories of the two of them as little boys!  

Afterward, we decided last minute to drive to the Hagerstown outlets and continue our search for a dinning table and breakfast table.  As you can see, Anna was thrilled with the prospect :)


Even though it was freezing (it ended up snowing a little), Wyatt did not want to pass up an opportunity to play on something that looked like fun :)

It didn't take long for Wyatt to fall asleep on Jackson's shoulder on the way home.  
We didn't buy anything, but we did come away knowing more of what we want.  On Monday, we ordered our breakfast table from a local store here. Hopefully, we will order our dinning table soon.  I am so excited!



Comments

erin said…
i want a picture of the new paint!
Molly said…
looks like a fun time! exciting about the tables, we need a new dining table so bad!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures