Valentine's Day and the Taylor Fam!
Valentine's Day is always a favorite around here. A chance to give a few little gifts and eat chocolate? I'm in! Erik and I kept it really simple since we were looking forward to our New York get-away. It was fun to pick out a few little things for the kids to wake up to though. :)
I still have quite the collection of clearance toys from the last two after Christmas sales when choosing things. At the last minute I actually downsized Wyatt's to a smaller one (but I took the picture before I made the decision)
Anna was happy carrying around her little Boots. And I was obsessed with her Jasmine little people so I could finally hear all of the Disney princesses sing in her castle!
Dinner was pepperoni pizza (I was going to make a homemade one in a heart shaped pizza pan I bought, but at the last minute decided to make a really simple with a frozen one-- at least it is red and white!) alongside heart shaped carrots.
For dessert I made something I found on pinterest half brownie/half strawberry cupcake. I actually hate the taste of strawberry cake mix, but it was cute :) and the kids loved it!
A fun calendar that Grammy and Poppy gave the kids for Valentine's Day
We had a good time at library storytime, though I was hoping they would do some kind of "Valentine's Day activity"-- they did have lots of Valentine's stories however.
So the following Saturday the Taylor family came to visit!! We were so excited for them to come. Erik asked Torry to come up and work for a couple of days with him, so Andrea and the kids decided to come along. Pretty much every 15 minutes that day the boys were asking me when "Taryn and Clay were going to get here." Soon after they arrived we got a babysitter and went out to a fun lunch at Texas Roadhouse. Then Andrea and Tory very sweetly offered to watch our kids while Erik and I went to a stake youth activity.
The next day we went to church had a yummy pulled pork dinner (first time I ever made pulled pork that literally took all day and all night in the oven-- it was good!), and then had some friends over for dessert. It felt like, in Tory's words, "the good ol' days" :)
For some reason I really wanted to make a cherry pie. It wasn't that great though because it was just store bought pie crust and canned cherry pie filling. Now my mouth is really watered up for fresh tart cherries in the summer!
Some of the kids on Sunday night.
I loved seeing Emrie Taylor and Julian Tingey together!
And Hadley and Anna were hilarious together. Every time they see each other, they become more and more like playmates.
Andrea left Monday morning. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can see them again!!!















Comments