April Is Here!
So as any resident of Winchester (or reader of my blog) would know, this winter was so long and gross. To finally see daffodils popping out of the ground (much, much later than they ever have by the way) was like a serious dose of Prozac for my soul.
Wyatt has been asking to make homemade volcanoes for a while, so we finally shaped and baked some salt clay and had some baking soda/vinegar fun. This summer I am planning on doing one little kid science project a week (we will see if that really happens!), so right now, I'm excited about all of the different ones out there.
And of course if it's spring and its even mildly warm out, my kids will bust out of their swimsuits and the sprinkler at least once. I know they were cold!
Oh gosh I love my Wy-Guy and his presistence. While we were waiting at the school to pick up Jackson one afternoon, Wyatt really wanted to master the monkey bars. He kept trying and falling, and kept trying and falling (sometimes quite hard!). I would ask him periodically if he wanted to rest and he would just very seriously say, "no, I want to do it again." Well, we had to leave before he mastered it, but I know he will get it soon. I was just so impressed by this boy's grit! :)
So, because I'm a Mom to boys that have gone through major super hero phases, I have learned quite a lot about them. Sometimes we will get a library book about the history of Marvel or DC comics and I get so engrossed by it! Somewhere along the way, I became a big super hero fan myself. So I was excited to see the new Captain America movie. When I saw that it had like a 90% favorable rating on Rotten Tomatoes, I was even more excited to see it! Erik really wanted to go to it as well and as it worked out that the Thursday opening night was the only night we could go. Of course we had to wear our Captain America shirts.
Because it was the first showing of the movie, there was so much super hero nerd energy in the air-- I loved it! There were two guys going around quizzing people on Marvel questions and then they were giving out comic books.
The next night was the yearly "casino night" party for the local builders association that Erik belongs to. Since Brittany was going to be there with Derek I wasn't even dreading it :) I couldn't believe it though when we met them there, and I saw that Brittany in a similar outfit to mine. It was funny because we both had talked about our outfits that we had planned (just like, "yeah I think I know what I'm going to wear"), but we had never actually described what we had planned. haha.
All of the smaller superhero costumes fit Anna now, and she has been taking advantage of that. What a cute Wolverine!
The boys had stuffed extra clothes into their "cozy jammies" one morning, so of course I had to snap a picture :)










Comments