March


One of Anna's birthday presents was Frozen!  We were so excited when it arrived in the mail on Tuesday!  We were good and held off to watch it until Jackson got home from school (I even let him work on his homework while it was on).  It was so much fun to watch!  And we've watched it quite a few times since then let me tell you.  Yes, we got to the point where even I was sick of this movie.  I'm sure after a nice, healthy break though, I will be happy to revisit it :)

Erik was asked to come in to Julie Walton's seminary class and be a leprechaun.  Well since St. Patrick's Day was a snow day, he did it the day after.  As you can see Erik was very willing to go along with this.  Now that I'm going to teach seminary in the fall, I guess I will have to use his leprechaun talents in the future :)

haha I think he is playing leap frog with them.
The freshmen/sophmore class.  Three of them will move up to my junior/senior class next year :)
Haha not quite sure what Anna was doing here.  On another mild day, we took a walk to the playground across from our neighborhood.

Oh that's right, she was pretending to be a cowgirl with that rope.  She went through a couple of "Sheriff Callie" intensive weeks.

Jackson's snaggle tooth was cracking me up.  It was hanging for a couple of days . . . 

 . .. and then finally came out!  Now his other front tooth is quite loose.  

So Anna and I went to the semi-annual Mother/Child consignment sale after dropping the boys off at school.  And, well, I don't think I will go to one again.  Since I had Anna I couldn't really dig through the racks and racks (and racks and racks) of clothes to see if there were some good ones for the kids.  I did pick out an Aurora costume and a couple of used children's books, which I'm always happy to add to our library.  As I was standing in the FIFTY MINUTE line to check out, I decided I should make my wait worth more than the $6 of stuff I was buying, I bought the little hot wheels that Anna was pretty much obsessed with while I was browsing.  Of course my kids have always wanted a hot wheels, but they were just never something I was willing to spend a lot of money on.  Well, long story short after charging the battery the thing was dead and wouldn't work.  I knew every sale at the consignment sale was final, so I was so worried I just wasted $50!  However, I returned to the sale the next day, explained the situation, and the person in charge was very nice and let me return it (I'm sure she doesn't want bad word of mouth that expensive item they are selling do not work).  So anyway, it all turned out great: I learned that consignment sales aren't really for me and I didn't have to waste money to learn that lesson :)

My three cuties one evening at Greenwood Mill playground.

I thought it was so funny when I found Anna dead asleep in her sleeping beauty costume (I guess the consignment sale was good for something).

Love my sweet boys so much! I have to admit though, that with their increased bickering (why oh why do siblings have to fight??), I get more and more exasperated.  I love those evenings when things are calm, clean, and I reflect on how lucky I am to be their Mom.

So, let me just say that I love the little play group I go to.  It has changed a lot since I first started going three and a half years ago, but I'm so thankful for the friendships my kids and I have made there.  One day at Roxie's house, she had all of the Moms participate in a "fast food cookie off."  Each of us brought chocolate chip cookies from McDonalds, Subway, Panera, Chick Fil A, and Martin's bakery and then we did a "blind taste test."  The winner was . . . Subway!  Yum, they are definitely my favorite!
Another sleeping picture of Anna :)  This one was from our family movie night of Smurfs 2 (which was just awful by the way).

A couple of weeks ago Erik had to go to Phoenix for work. I usually take that opportunity to, well not cook.  This time I was really good though and I made all of our meals, but we did go out for sweet frog ice cream one night. :)  This picture cracks me up.

Comments

Molly said…
let me just say im impressed you cooked while erik was away! i'm always so lazy about that
also i am fascinated by the seminary situation..in the basement! and the brown grass before spring (bc you know california isnt like that and i'm not used to seeing it!)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures