Conference Weekend
Well another conference weekend has come and gone. I was really excited to be spiritually fed and I knew it was another learning opportunity for the kids as well. Of course my kids don't take notes and pay attention to all four session perfectly. I've found that having a couple of different tricks up my sleeve helps the weekend run a little smoother.
One thing that's fun about conference is the fun food! I wish my life didn't revolve around what kind of fun food we are going to eat, but it kind of does haha. I went to Jimmy Johns and got their day old baguettes (which were still soft and delicious) and we had delicious subs, chips, and fruit for one of the sessions (the sister missionaries came over and watched that one with us). The first session, I gave them their conference packets to color (which are never big hits, I always have to start with the lamest thing and work my way up).
We also started something on the first session where I put a paper for each of the 12 apostles and first presidency members and as they each spoke, we wrote down notes from their talk on post its and put them on the corresponding paper. Every time they put up a post it, they got a little piece of candy. It was fun to see the wall get more and more full.
On the Saturday afternoon session we started the Conference square bingo. Once they had bingo, they got a fun size kit kat.
Sunday morning, I brought down other coloring books. And Sunday afternoon the piece de resistance :) was their "craft." I always let them do a new craft form 5 Below or Michaels. I saw that they had little lego sets at 5 Below for $3, so I decided they would rather work on lego anyway. Sunday afternoon was a major lego session.
It was a nice weekend though. And so great to see the kids picking up more and more each time we have Conference weekend. We are so blessed to have clear guidance from our church leaders.
Since the "morning session" doesn't start until noon, here on the east coast, we were able to go on a nice, long walk Sunday morning. Happy the weather cooperated with us this year!
And while we were out, Erik took the training wheels off of Wyatt's bike and he took off! It was awesome to see.
Sunday evening, we capped off a wonderful weekend with our first fire of the year!
I loved going through all of the post its. Wyatt would draw a picture of Jesus, or Nephi, or a missionary, or whatever person a speaker would mention :)
I think this was my favorite of Jackson's : If we choose the right (CTR) we will get blessings.
We had a little review of conference for Family Home Evening on Monday and I love how the minute Conference is over there are like a million memes already. It makes giving a little FHE lesson easier :)














Comments