Last Week of July
One of things I brought home from CA was one of my old ballet costumes. Anna has really been loving it, because it has the Elsa colors. I'm trying to figure out how I could best transform it into an Elsa dress for Halloween . . . if you have any brilliant suggestions, I'd love to hear them! :)
Last week was play group's Costco field trip! I love this activity so much, I was willing to let the kids miss a day of swim lessons so we could go. This honestly is so much fun. We have the best Coscto worker that gives us the tour and the kids get so much free stuff it makes it well worth it!
Their favorite part is running around both of the refrigerated sections.
After the field trip we had Teya and Carter over. We decided to walk over to Greenwood Mill because the weather was so fantastic.
It was so sweet to see how much Teya loved Maverick. She pretty much never left his side the whole time she was over here. Maverick was sure tired when she left though. He really is getting to be an old man dog! :)
Someone got into my lipstick for the first time (surprising it hadn't happened before, right??) She was quite disappointed in the result once she saw her work in the mirror. Don't you just hate it when you how imagine you look turns out to be different than reality? It happens to me quite often haha
Love seeing Wyatt ride this bigger bike! He's excited to ride to school.
While I was watching the kids ride bikes, Anna kept going inside and bringing out more and more things to make herself comfortable on the grass. Sweet girl.
Relaxing with some watermelon as well :)
So I'm beginning to get to know the Alamo workers as I went twice last week (yikes). I had told the boys I would take them to Captain America 2 that was playing for the discount price last week. I was assuming Erik could have Anna at work for a couple of hours at lunch time (because he's sometimes super flexible and great like that!), but it happened to be the day that he was taking the YM to the beach for the day. So, I kind of embarrassed myself and asked a friend if Anna could come play while I took my 8 year old and 5 1/2 year old to a PG-13 movie. Anna had a great time playing with her friend Heather. And we had a great time at the movie. A couple of well timed bathroom breaks made me feel better about the kids seeing the seeing it :)
Last Wednesday was my day to participate in our wards "40 Day Fast." We are taking turns to fast for 24 hours and then "passing the baton" so there is a complete 40 days of fasting for our ward members. It was a really spiritually uplifting experience as I normally do not fast in the middle of the week. The sister missionaries left me these sweet, uplifting notes that evening that made me feel even better.
Second Alamo trip was a lunch date with Erik last Friday! We saw Guardians of the Galaxy, because I have pretty much resigned myself to see any and all Marvel movies that come out :) It was fun being with Erik and I thought the movie was funny. Seeing Chris Pratt as the starring role has made me soooo excited for Parks and Rec to return for its final season!
Wyatt is getting pretty good at putting lego sets together by himself.
Ugh, I also had my first experience with getting gum out of hair. :( Peanut butter took most of it out, but I did have to snip a tiny bit out. I hope that doesn't happen again!
Comments