Winding Down our Summer Break

The first week of August brought colds for Wyatt and Anna (since then it has cycled through and now everyone is coughing with a stuffy nose).  Anna's manifested itself with quite a high fever, so I kept her out of swim lessons on that Monday.  I still wanted to the boys to go though, so Anna and I melted in the hot sun while they swam.  To be honest, I'm not sure what would have been worse for her health!

  

Now, Jackson doesn't look too excited here, but trust me, he was!  We knew the teacher assignment letters were being delivered that day.  So we hung out on the porch after lunch until the mail carrier came.  Both boys seem to have really great teachers, so yay!


I was trying to figure out why I took a picture of these Doc McStuffins coloring pages and then I remembered.  So whenever Anna and I color together she HAS to color on whatever page I'm coloring on.  I know, I know I should just let it go (go ahead, sing it), and move on.  But, I can't help but feel frustrated as the OCD in me just wants to finish one picture in the lines.  This is probably coming out so mean, but there you have it.  Sometimes, I can be a mean mom! :)

I was soooo enjoying these Klondike Bars that Erik was buying a couple of weeks ago!  Watching the kids ride bikes while sitting on the front porch walker with an ice cream . . . yeah it pretty much doesn't get any better than that!
Side note:  Wow, my hands are looking old!  I really need to be better about moisturizing them!

A couple of Wednesdays we watched the two youngest Groll boys.  Erik and Jackson were at scouts and YMs, so it was just me, Anna, and Wyatt having fun with them.  Anna LOVED it, because Noah is one of the younger kids in nursery with her and she was really enjoying "mothering" him. :)

And I thought it was really cute how obsessed Noah was with Maverick.

Like wherever Maverick was, Noah was sure to be near by!

Wyatt and Jonathan were enjoying the bikes in the front yard.


The next day was the very last day of swim lessons for the summer!





Anna jumped off the diving board twice!  Wyatt jumped once off the side and once off of the board. They both did so great!  I know it's not easy to jump from such a high spot into water-- especially if you know you can't swim!


I love their teachers, especially Miss Heidi (the one lowering Wyatt).  This is our third summer we've had her and she is just the best with little kids!  


Jackson did a couple of canon balls off of the board :)



Anna was really proud of the fact, she was holding here certificate under her chin :)

That afternoon we took Austin over to the neighborhood pool.

This girl.  In her big brother's flip flops on the treadmill.  Funny lady.


Comments

Molly said…
glad they ended swim lessons on such a good note! and you know i love the klondike bars :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures