A Visit From My Mom!
My Mom drove in late Wednesday night, and I was so excited to see her! It also was great to have her here while Erik was away. AND, it worked out perfect because I had been chosen in the volunteer lottery to chaperone Wyatt's field trip to the Gateway Children's Museum, so Anna was very excited to have some alone time playing with Grandmother. :)
The museum was a lot of fun! I loved seeing Wyatt with his school friends and to meet many of them. Wyatt is such a fun, social kid. I love how well he has adjusted at this new school.
OK so this was kind of funny and embarrassing. A boy that was in our group Mark was climbing on this water structure. I saw other kids climbing it, and it looked to me like there were foot rests like a climbing wall. I was getting his picture and commending him on well he was climbing. All of a sudden a museum worker came up to Mark and told him he couldn't climb on that and to get down. I felt like the worst chaperone! Oops!
After we got back home, my Mom, Anna (after showing me the elaborate zoo she had set up with my Mom) and me and Wyatt walked to the park.
That evening, Jackson suggested we watch Harry Potter movies. We invited Derrick and I tried a new frozen butter beer recipe, so it guess we turned it into a party! :) We only got through HP1 and half of the second.
On Friday morning, I worked in Wyatt's classroom for a bit and at 10:20 when kindergarten got out (every class gets out early on Friday. Half day kindergarten on Fridays is sort of ridiculous) we got Jackson out early and drove to The Natural History Museum of Utah. I had bought a groupon for this a while ago and just hadn't had a chance to use it. When we got there we first had a little picnic lunch. It was fun seeing the University of Utah campus-- it's beautiful!
The museum was amazing! It really was the most interactive museum I had ever been to. So many things for the kids to play with, smell, touch, solve, listen to, and read. I think we all learned a lot!
haha Jackson did not like this smell!
On our way back home after the museum, we stopped by the Goldilocks race expo to pick up my packet. The kids swiped what they could from my swag bag. Anna loved this tattoo :) Goldilocks is mostly a biking race organization, but they had running races as well. A 5K, a 10K, and a half marathon. I choose the 10K and was excited and nervous about it.
Friday night was day two of Harry Potter movies and butter beer! I really wanted to go to Jake's senior night soccer game, but the kids were very exhausted from our day at the museum and it was pouring rain so stayed home while my Mom went.
All dressed and ready for my race! I was mostly nervous because of the weather. The weather forecast said rain, and it was already drizzling. One thing I loved about this race was that is was so close. Just a 10 minute drive away. And the course was in the new Daybreak area by the Oqquirh Mountain Temple, so I was excited to run the course.
But the drizzle turned to rain.
So wet and rainy! And chilly!
So the race went well. I certainly was soaking wet by the time I was done. I couldn't tell if it was snot or rain at times during the race which was gross. The competitive spirits came out of me though, and after tracking some ladies I thought I could keep up with, I didn't let them pass me haha. Actually one did pass me, but not the others. I ended up with a time of 56:34 which considering my training runs have all been around 10 1/2 minutes miles, I was happy with it! Also, I LOVED the little charm necklace they passed out as our medals. The charm is a cute little sneaker!
Oh and just like I take pictures of the kids' art work before throwing it out, I figured I should take a picture of a beloved doll before throwing it out. We organized more of our basement boxes and it was fun thinking back to all of the fun times I had playing with this ballerina doll :)
Last night Anna and I drove down with my Mom and Marriah to Ella and Anne's dance recital. Man it was so good!!! They go to creative dance classes at BYU and the show that was put on was amazing! It was so uplifting and beautiful and I loved to see ways in which dance to convey testimonies of the gospel. I so wish I could put Anna in that dance program.
So Anna enjoyed the show, but at over 2 hours, it was pretty long! To keep her happy, I promised her she could go up on the stage after it was done. She was so happy when she got to! And she insisted on having bare feet like the dancers that she just watched :)
We requested that Ella and Anne come up to the stage and do some of their moves. They are beautiful and graceful dancers!
We asked Marriah to get up there for a picture too :)

















































Comments