Coming Back to Real Life

Moana came to our apple tv while I was on the cruise.  I was so excited to watch it when I got back.  It was treadmill movie and Anna and I watched it together. 


This was a picture Erik took at the klondike camp from before our cruise.

Maverick had his operation a couple days after we got back.  I was stressed for him to be put under so old, but he did great!

One afternoon, Anna kept asking if she could do chores, so I put her to work.  She did a great job too!




This ginger soda from Jamaica is so good!!   It has such a spicy, ginger taste- way stronger than ginger ale I've had here.

Resting at home.  His recovery was a little dicey for a few days.  He would not stop bleeding.  Luckily the weather was warm, so he could stay outside all the time, and now he's completely healed up.

Anna always comes with  me to the great artist lessons in Jackson's class since its before she goes to kindergarten.  I actually have to plan the next GA lesson.  I'll be in Wyatt's class on Thursday, and I haven't even looked at it!



Jackson isn't a huge fan of getting his picture taken- especially in front of his friends haha


Anna was on a big kick of tea party lunches again.  They are pretty fun, but more work than a normal lunch haha

Our school had their first ever dads and donuts.  They had a good time!

More playing before school. 


And Anna had Luke over. This was her first time having the youngest Hanks over.  It was pretty convenient since Wyatt and Jackson were playing with the older two!

Oh how I love movie dates with Erik!  I hope we can go out this Friday, but I still haven't found a babysitter.  For most things, Jackson just watches the kids, but for movies later at night (and anything over two hours really), I still like to have a babysitter.  The weekends that we don't do a movie night though, Erik and I do pop over to a close restaurant without getting a babysitter.  It's awesome!

We had some really great weather the couple of weeks after the cruise.  Unfortunately last week brought some more cold/rainy weather.  It's going to be pretty spotty for the next week too. 

I love seeing the kids play outside with friends!

I discovered some yummy, seasoned fruit.  I should just look up the recipe for the chili/lime seasoning and put it on my own plain frozen fruit actually!  It's probably much cheaper!

Anna convinced me to get this Moana plant (her words) :) 

I guess we were excited about these peeps?

Nails!  Oh I think this was another girls night we had when the boys went snowboarding again?  I can't really remember!


Erik and I started All the President's Men.  That is such a good movie!  And hard to believe how timely that movie is now!

Hmm I think I took this picture when I helped out in Anna's class.  It's always fun going in there!

Just a little whip and nae nae 

Finishing up the movie.  We loved it!


Jackson had his battle of the books competition!  I was the team leader for the kids and throughout the year we met together to make a poster, talk about the books they were assigned, etc.  The day of the competition, I volunteered to help with the games (and I was assigned to do it in Wyatt's classroom while his class watched which was a lot of fun!). It was such a cool day focused on great books.  Jackson's team did really well too!  While I watching the final, it was between 4 teams.  Then just between two teams.  There was a third grade girl group called the "Teal Turtles" and a six grade boys group called "Trump Society" *insert eye roll*  Not surprisingly, I was rooting for the Teal Turltes!  They kept going into overtime, back and forth, back and forth.  Then the Teal Turtles missed a question.  And Trump Society didn't.  So they won.  It was giving me all sorts of election flashbacks haha  Oh, and what was the book that the Trump Society won on?  Bill O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln *insert even bigger eye roll*

Anyway, it was still a really fun event and I'm excited for Wyatt to do it next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures