Last Day of the Cruise and Coming Home!
I don't have a lot of pictures for our last two days of vacation. Our last cruise day was at sea, obviously.
After sleeping in and then working out, Kelsey, Jeremy, Janet, and I did the flash mob! I joined in for the last practice and it was a lot of fun! We did it with the cast of Mama Mia and it was fun to interact with them.
The rest of the day was just total relaxation. We found some chairs to sit on, and just napped, read, and listened to music.
Such a pretty sunset!
The last dinner on a cruise is always fun! I loved the server's performance that they did- especially this guy!
Kelsey and I were obviously enjoying our meat!
The last was a bit underwhelming. It was just like a water fountain show, but it was pretty lame. Oh well, no skin off our backs. It was fun to sit together and chat.
The next day, we got off the ship (which for how big the ship is and how many people are on it, it goes incredibly smooth!). The bad part was getting our shuttle bus to pick us up from the port! Apparatnely there was some major drama going on at the car rental place that Robert was getting his car from (he was driving up to see his sister in Florida). But eventually we got our car and Jeremy was really hoping he could get some Venezuelan food (he served his mission there). He found a place that happened to be at a farmer's market in Ft. Lauderdale. It was AMAZING. Seriously the market was huge and each booth had a different country or culture represented. It gave me serious envy and ever since I have been obsessed with moving to Florida haha I mean don't get me wrong there are a ton of things I love about being in Utah. Most notably that we love getting to see family so often. And we've made some really good friends that would be hard to leave (and the kids quite frankly would be devastated to leave their friends). But I so miss being around a more diverse community! And would I so love a Florida winter. Erik actually saw that the position above him in Florida has a spot open in the Orlando market, and I keep bugging him to apply for it haha But he won't. He doesn't think it would be good career wise to apply for that now and he doesn't think it would be good for our family to leave Utah right now. So until he gets on board, we're stuck here I guess. There are a lot of worse things to happen though haha
So back to the Venezuelan food. It was really good! A few of us got different things and we tried bites of them.
After the market, they dropped us off at the airport. The Becerras and Janet didn't fly out until later that night.
After Erik and I went through security, we got some dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.
And we were so excited to have another empty seat on our flight! We watched some movies again, and before we knew it, we were back in Salt Lake! It was really funny, while we were waiting for our suitcases at the airport, we saw a couple from our ward. They had just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise as well! They were on the sister ship to ours, the Oasis and they sailed out of Orlando. It was fun to talk with them about their experience. It sounded like Lori (the wife) didn't love her cruise and got really sick. I thought it was a little odd that she didn't just get a patch like I did, and then a couple of weeks later I found out she is pregnant haha It all made so much more sense. I would have hated going on a cruise pregnant (with how sick I get!). It was good that Kelsey doesn't get as sick and had a good time even though she was pregnant!
Not sure why these zip lining pictures were out of order here, but I think I'll keep them here as good bye to my cruise report. It really was a fantastic vacation. I would be happy to do that same thing again, but what I would really love is to bring the kids next time! And make it a Disney cruise! (though I know Erik would never agree to a $6500 or more cruise). Anyway, the Caribbean and I are definitely good friends and I hope its not too long before I go back!




Comments