Cruise Day 5: Labadee, Haiti!



Our last stop on our cruise was Royal Caribbean's private island: Labadee, Haiti!
After leaving the boat, we walked around a bit and then ate our lunch.  It was fun to have a free lunch provided by the cruise on land!

We sat in a spot, where we had a good view of the people zip lining across the water.  It definitely looked like a lot of fun, but it was so short!  It made us even more grateful for our zip lining excursion!

We decided we definitely wanted some type of excursion that day.  I had a feeling it would be hard to find good beach space, and then you're just out in the sun all day which didn't sound too great.  Since it was so late to book an excursion there weren't a ton left, but we ended up with one that we loved!  It was boat ride to a private little sand bar where you could just relax and float in the water while they serve you drinks! :) 


Waiting for our excursion to start.

This was our boat driver (well  he owns the whole operation they run).  It was really interesting talking to him.  He grew up in New York, but had family in Haiti so moved here as a young adult.  He has one kid with his wife and one on the way.  It was fun to imagine the kind of laid back island life they have (especially because they live in these little islands, not in Port-au-Prince where it's pretty sad and depressed economically).


The boat ride was fun.  We were the only ones requesting non-alcoholic drinks of course haha




Well the sand bar, he usually take people to had a problem so he drove us further out to a different one. 




Some of these pictures were taken with Jeremy's Go Pro.  I want to get one of those now, but I really don't think I would use it enough.  My life isn't exciting enough haha







The water was soooooo nice!  I mean it really doesn't get more relaxing than that!






Of course Erik talked up a storm haha




I can't find the picture-- maybe it's the one above.  But our driver pointed out the island that had lots of real life (old timey) pirate action.  And its where they filmed part of Pirates of the Caribbean movie!

We had another nice dinner together!

And Erik had been bugging me ALL WEEK to go to the casino.  That is just not my favorite thing to do.  It's smoky, a waste of money, and just not that fun for me.  But everyone agreed to it, so of course I had to go too haha

This is my "I'm faking my excitement face" ;) 

We only used the casino credits that were given to us on our arrival, and I think I ended up with a few cents left over haha

Robert was obviously not a big winner ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures