Sunny Days, Sweeping the Clouds Away

We have finally enjoyed some Spring weather this week and might I just say "Thank Goodness!" I actually shouldn't complain because we have considerably less snow than last year. I'm convinced warm sunny days are nature's Prozac. We didn't do anything too exciting, but just ordinary things seem like more fun when its nice outside. Even inside chores are nicer with the windows open. We took advantage of the beautiful, fleeting (its stormy today!) weather with outings to the park. Wyatt, like Jackson, really likes the backpack. I can't wait to hike up the hill in our backyard and go roaming through all the farm land like I did with Jackson two summer ago. This time Jackson can walk along side me :)
Soo excited to be outside!! Jackson loves his new bike. The first day, I drove to the park with the bike in the back. The second day however I was feeling much more ambitious and decided we could walk the whole way (its about a mile and a half away with a couple of pretty intense hills). Jackson rode his little bike the whole way with out ever stopping or getting tired. About a half a mile into the trek, I passed my friend Alicia and she looked at me like I was crazy for having Jackson ride the whole way, but I knew he would love it :)

Of course, Wyatt fell asleep. I couldn't believe he stayed asleep on the park table for about 30 minutes!
We did have one hiccup in our adventure when Jackson had an accident. For some reason we've had a few of them this weekend and I need to nip this in the bud fast! I called Erik to pick us up, but he was driving in Driggs with no reception. So, with wet pants . . .

we made the long . ..
trip back. Isn't Jackson such a trooper?

Comments

My favorite part is that the picture above the "accident" part looks like you captured him while he was having his accident. If that were true, it would seem like less of an accidental event and more of a way to spice up your blog. But I do the same things. Either way, I loved reading about your adventure.
Jennie said…
Yay, you blog! I'm so excited! Your boys are adorable, and that was a fun story!
Jenny said…
No Derrick, I did NOT concoct an accident for the purposes of my blog! that would be pretty funny if I did though.
Amber Marie said…
Your boys are SO darling! Looks like most of your snow is melted- I thought it stayed around till May in Rexburg ;) I love how your music correlates with your most recent post!!
Molly said…
You are so ambitious to walk all the way! Good idea to use the backpack, I love it. I just might have to try it! OH wait, that wouldn't work, I'd still be pushing a stroller, and have one one a bike!;) BTW, Jackson is SO amazing on his bike!! Really! Jessica has yet to even try one (besides a tricycle!)..she won't for another couple months..poor deprived girl!
Also, I never got to hear potty training stories!! When did you do it? Was it forever ago?
Kaitlin said…
hahahahha go jackson! i would have rode home nakie-nakie if i were him :)
erin said…
what cute little boys
kathryn said…
I love your pictures and the story. I listened to Obi-whatever-that-Beatle-song-is-called while I read and it made me feel like going to the park too. We miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures