The Kind of Weekend I Like

Ahh, I love weekends! This one has been especially nice, because the majority of the time we have been able to be outside. For most of the week we had winds 35-55 mph, so on Friday, when they finally calmed done, we ditched the house for as long as we could! Yesterday, we worked outside pretty much the whole day. I transplanted all of my strawberries into pots (lets hope they survive) and worked in the garden bed. My peas, lettuce, and spinach are all cute little seedlings now. This weekend I'm hoping to plant the tomatoes, carrots, and watermelon. Hip Hip Hooray for things that grow! Yesterday Erik and Jackson put in a fire pit. Jackson was soooo excited to roast marshmallows and hot dogs. We kept telling him we had to wait until it got darker. He barely made it without going into convulsions.
I have a feeling we are going to use the fire pit often this summer. It was fun to have a bunch of neighbors over and just relax.




So, I realize I post pictures that Jackson takes a lot, but I just think its so funny. Below are some of the ones he took of his friends last night. He thinks he's such an adult!!



Our week was pretty much consumed with getting Jackson used to preschool and getting back into the swing of things here. We did manage to go to the park and the children's museum.

Jackson pretending to be "the grumpy old troll" from Dora. He sings the troll song a lot, very loudly, in a very troll-like voice!
Doesn't the sky look cartoonishly blue?
Wyatt's first time on the swings- he doesn't look too impressed!



The Rexburg Children's Museum. It's so not fancy, but for $2.25 for us all to go it's a pretty good deal. They have a different theme each month, so yup we go once a month. The lady that volunteers there knows us now. Only once has there been anyone else in the museum, so she always seems excited to have people there! :)

Jackson was pretty proud of himself for making this comfy TV-watching bed.And lastly Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I love being a mother and am soo thankful for my own mother. If I do anything good with my boys it is because of her selfless example! Now, I am off to eat some grilled fish not made by me!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
i LOVE the firepit. hopefully we can come try it out soon.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures