My Hero

After the boys were asleep Saturday night, Erik and I were looking forward to relaxing and watching a movie. I was just getting my spot on the couch nice and comfy, when in the corner of my eye I saw a big brown fur ball dash from behind the hutch to the mud room. I immediately screamed and knew it was a mouse. Now, there is nothing that strikes fear in my heart quite like a little mouse. I started a screaming/hyperventilating combo and told Erik he had to find it and kill it. Erik, who didn't see the mouse started looking everywhere in the mud room and laundry room. He was tearing the place apart for a good 20 min, and I started to question if I really had seen the varmint. But of course, the mouse was really there; lurking and waiting to terrorize me again. He ran, from whatever mysterious place he was hiding out, to no joke, me!! He was heading right toward my cowering frame and the couch I was on. However, he was no match for dear Maverick. Maverick pounced on that thing within seconds. Never, has the sound of crunching mouse bones been more welcome. Erik was so relieved that he could discontinue his mouse hunt. We didn't let Maverick eat the yucky body like he wanted to, but I could tell he was so proud of himself. I decided right then and there, that having a dog is one of the best decisions I've ever made!
Comments