Memorial Day Weekend

Well, now it's back to real life after a great, relaxing weekend. We didn't do anything too spectacular, but I call the weekend a success when I don't have to use my oven once in 4 days! I loved teaching Jackson what Memorial Day is. He is just starting to think about these concepts of being thankful, and living in a safe and happy place. And of course, he loves soldiers!

Telling Jackson everything I know about bowling, "Push the ball really hard and if you knock any pins down whatsoever it is time to celebrate."Ohh, look at that form. I think Erik gets an automatic boost to his ego whenever we go bowling. I'm amazed when people get above 100 :)
Just hangin' out at the bowling alley.




What's wrong with giving my 7 month old limeade??

Maverick actually enjoys playing fetch with Jackson now. (When Jackson could only throw the ball 6 inches in front of him, it lost some of its excitement for the dog!)I can not get enough of this smile :)

The love of Jackson's life: marshmallows.
They're even better roasted!
It is so special whenever I visit my Grandpa's grave site. It always makes me realize how blessed I am to have such wonderful lives and testimonies to lean on. It was neat to see the cemetery packed with people placing flowers on their family and friend's grave sites. I think that is a wonderful tradition for Memorial Day.

So, yesterday Jackson and Erik went to ride some horses with our neighbor. I really wanted to go, but I had to stay with Wyatt b/c he was in desperate need of a nap. I told Erik several times to take lots of pictures and videos, so I could see how excited he was on the horse. Well, Erik didn't remember until the horses were put away and they were loading back into the trucks!! I can definitely imagine how much Jackson enjoyed it though! He told me that he rode it all by himself, but Daddy made the horse go s l o w. (He was really sad when he said that!) We also forgot our camera at the bbq last night- c'est la vie!







Comments

Kaitlin said…
i can not believe how big those boys are! and jackson is a boy after my own heart...marshmallows! can't wait tos ee you guys next weekend....oh and i love your new layout :)
Stephanie said…
How Fun! I agree... Bowling 100 or more is a great game and very impressive :)
Emily said…
Fun weekend! Man I am the worst bowler there is. My highest score is like 68.
erin said…
jackson looks like he's growing out of a toddler body and into a little kid body! crazy! looks like you guys are having lots of fun in idaho. i'm not surprised, i love the summers there!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures