Come on Down to the Tulare County Fair!

Our county fair was this week, and it was so great. I don't think anything can compare with a fair for good ol' trashy fun. On Wednesday we happened to be in Tulare (the town adjacent to us and the one that holds the county fair). Someone asked if we were going to the parade that kicked off the fair, so of course we had to go. I actually wasn't planning on going because taking two kids to a hot parade by myself wasn't my idea of a good time, but since Jackson heard all of this parade talk he was quite insistent!
I'm actually really glad we went. Yes, it was hot. Yes, it was hard with Wyatt wanting to crawl on the yucky floor, but it was fun to see how much Jackson enjoyed it.

It's amazing how many high schools there are in the area. It seems like there was an endless number of high school marching bands. Wyatt liked bopping his head to the beat.


Such a sweetie


Jackson posing with the cows at the fair last night.


So ever since Jackson saw a picture in the newspaper of some kids riding the fair rides, he has been sooo excited. He had me cut out the picture and everyday he's been looking at it, and talking about it with me. When we got there, I wasn't sure if he would actually want to ride the rides without us, and since each ride was like $3 I didn't want to pay double every time!! But, he loved it! He hopped on this little ferris wheel (even letting the scary looking guy buckle him up) and had a blast. It made me a little sad; just another indication of how grown up he is :)


That backpack is the only thing Wyatt will stay in. Somehow he finagles his way out of every stroller we have him buckled into.

Watching the super cheesy magician's show. I felt so bad for the guy, he was falling so flat.

Because of height requirements, I had to go on this on with Jackson. $6 for a kiddie ride, seriously?? Some of the rides were out of Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch, which I thought was kind of funny. I guess they've been going around to different state/county fairs this summer.

I can only imagine what Jackson was thinking on this giant tractor.

Fun time at the fair. I'm already excited for next year. :)

Comments

erin said…
love that you always post so many pictures!
Jennie said…
how fun Jen! I love Wyatt's little angel hair! You guys are awesome getting out there and involved with your community, or surrounding community!
Kaitlin said…
i love how involved you always are with local events. so fun!
Stephanie said…
I love the fair! There is just something about farm animals and tractors. I wish ours has a parade. I like how your son had you cut out the newpaper article. Cute :)
kathryn said…
Those are cute pictures! Jackson is so smart and bravee too!
Molly said…
very cute! love the pictures of you and wyatt...his sweet little smile and blonde hair really does remind me of max!! sooo you guys need to come to gilroy gardens with us! jackson would seroiusly be in heaven with all the little kid rides there (and would probably be cheaper than paying fair tickets plus ride tickets!) it would be so fun! :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures