Pumpkin Time

Since Erik is leaving this coming Monday for TWO WEEKS we decided to do our pumpkin carving for Family Home Evening this past Monday. I love being a Mom at Halloween time, because its pretty much strictly a kid's holiday. All of the traditions are so great, and Jackson is really into Halloween this year.
Showing off our gooey hands. Can you tell Jackson likes to be clean? He kept saying, "Can I wash my hands now?" He did like handling the carving knife though-- scary!!

The finished products. No, I am not a professional pumpking artist.


Last year, newborn Wyatt fit right into our pumpkin . . .


. . . this year not so much.




In fact, he hated even having his foot in there!!
On a side note, I've discovered how tasty pumpkins are to eat. Rachel Ray was on the TV the other day, and she showed how to prepare sugar pumpkins in the oven and it looked so good. I went out and got a couple -- yum!! Hopefully I won't turn orange anytime soon.

Comments

erin said…
did you guys get new washer and dryer?!?!

i do like the pumpkins, im just jealous of that washer i see in the background.
erin said…
i was just going to ask too, where is erik going? and then i realized... hahahaha
Molly said…
i had a feeling you might have updated your blog :) you are so good about that, and i absolutely love it.
fun pumpkin carving. i still think that picture of newborn wyatt in the pumpkin is so sweet..and 1 yr old wyatt's foot in the pumpkin is pretty cute too!
p.s. where is erik going??? 2 weeks?!
Kaitlin said…
My friend gave me a recipe for dinner in a pumpkin...i havent tried it but i bet you'd like to try it. where is erik going? and i LOVE being a mom during halloween too!
Kristen said…
I am going to have to check out Rachael Ray's recipe, sounds good. I also love Halloween for my kids, even though they ask forty times a day if it is Halloween yet!

Love the before and afters of Wyatt in the pumpkin, he is too cute!
kathryn said…
I think it's so cute that Jackson likes to be clean--isn't that just like Erik? And after reading your most recent blog I thought it was very funny that Wyatt was trying to climb inside the pumpkin--untill I saw his face on the second picture. I hope you have a happy halloween today!!! Also, why did you turn your blog into a private one?

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures