Just Chug-Chug-Chuggin' Along

This week I've taken a cue from the weather, and have had a case of schizophrenia. One day we are all happy, I feel in control, and like a good mom. The next day, just getting us all ready in the morning completely wipes me out, and I wonder if my kids are doomed for life :) I know a lot of my attitude corresponds directly with my sleep and that was been sorely missed this week. A bad cold has slowly creeped up on Wyatt which never makes life easy! On the weather front, we've had cool, rainy, breezy, hot, steamy, and foggy. Now for some consistency please??? On the rainy day, it was fun to go out and splash around with Jackson. There's nothing like puddles to make me feel like a little kid myself.
On Thursday, we took a trip with Jackson's preschool group to the pumpkin patch. Even though it was very steamy and hot that day, it was great to be there. I never went to one in Idaho, so this was my first pumpkin patch since I was in CA myself!

Wyatt was pretty peeved I wouldn't let him roll around in the mud. Luckily there were lots of grassy areas he could play in.

As soon as Jackson saw this, he thought it belonged in a fair. He remembered how he had to stand next to these in order to go on the rides.
Wyatt thought it was pretty funny to play peek-a-boo.

Jackson with some of his friends.

These kids loved this "corn box" It was just a bunch of corn feed, but kept everyone entertained for a long time.

Wyatt matching the pumpkins :)


Today, unfortunately, Wyatt is very sick. The poor thing hasn't even taken one nap today because his cough keeps waking him up (Erik is taking a turn trying to make him happy at the moment). Anyway, this morning after Erik and Jackson left for church, I took him and Maverick on a little walk and I couldn't believe the fog. Everyone complains about the fog, so maybe I'll grow tired of it but right now I love it.

In other news . . .
I've decided to make this blog private. I've finally read one too many "blog safety" articles in different parenting magazines to make me feel freaked out. Sooo, either leave your email address in the comments or email me at jenmichelle33@yahoo.com, and you can continue to keep in touch with F-ascinating Nyholms (no laughing!!!)

Comments

erin said…
erinurrutia(at)gmail(dot)com!
Stephanie said…
I always loved the fog. I remember how scary it was driving in it to Bear Creek.

I'd like to keep in touch :) Stephanie.Oblad@gmail.com

P.S You can tell you're a great mom. Your kids are always smiling so I don't think they are doomed :)
Kaitlin said…
holy fog! keep me in the loop, please!
Molly said…
looks like a fun pumpkin patch! (by the way, do you like jackson's preschool? i haven't heard about it yet!) the weather is crazy! i was just saying to nick, "looks like it is going to get warm again" but pretty weird that i now think "72" means warm! but it gets annoying feeling like i put the summery clothes away, and then have to keep getting them back out.. hope wyatt gets better soon, and you get some sleep!! and of course, count me in on the blog :)
molly.birchall@gmail.com
sally said…
i love hearing about your family jenny :)
sally1104@yahoo.com
kathryn said…
Oh, I guess I asked too quickly. Don't you love the pumpkin patch??? I guess it might be different if you were super hot, but to me it really starts the Halloweeny feeling. And I'm totally jealous of your fog--probably you and Erik don't love to drive in it--but it really doesn't feel like Christmas/Thanksgiving to me without the fog.
Well I have to say that I am so happy that we 'made the cut' :-). For a while there we couldn't access your blog. I was going to give Erik a call and get him riled up about it... but now I'll need to look for something else to throw at him!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures