There was a Little House in the Middle of the Woods . . .

While Erik was doing this: I was in Stockton doing this :
Erik was on a hunting trip with all of the Nyholm boys plus a work thing in AZ for a week, so I stayed in Stockton. I feel so blessed to be close enough to my parents to do that. I feel like being 2 1/2 hours away from family is like having an invisible safety net under me. Also can I just talk about hunting for a minute? When I was little my only experience with hunting was watching Bambi, and then I married a man who would rather hunt than . . . just about anything. I've realized though, that eating wild game is the original way to eat green. I love that pretty much the only times we eat meat at home are from animals Erik has shot. They are so lean and healthy, not put into tiny cages or stuffed with hormones, and Erik gets a bonding experience out of it to boot. OK, I'm off my hunting soap box now. :)

Comments

kathryn said…
I totally agree that it is the greenist way to eat meat. You can't get more free range than this! Although I do like the idea of supporting free range farms--they are expensive.
Kaitlin said…
that's a great way to look at hunting!
erin said…
seriously though, very lean and healthy!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures