California Trip

Last week we had the opportunity to drive to Livermore for Paul (Erik's brother) and Danielle's wedding.  It was a long drive, but well worth it.  Because I'm feeling a little lazy I'm just going to make one long post out of it.
Look at the cute couple.  The very first day I went to the Nyholm's house, Danielle was actually there.  They were "dating" in middle school.  They actually dated other people in high school and the first part of college, and then got back together.  What a great story for their kids! :)

hanging out at the temple

A yummy lunch at Chevy's in Livermore

At the reception.  It was decorated so beautifully,had good food, and perfect weather.  I didn't really see Erik at all though, because of course he was going from table to table chatting it up :)

On Sunday afternoon, we drove down to Stockton to visit my parents and Laurel.  Like I often do, I totally forgot to take pictures!  It was really nice seeing them though, even for a quick visit.
On Monday, we went to Lake New Hogan for a day of boating and hanging out.  It was so much fun! 


My amazing mother-in-law water skiing

yup, that's Jackson driving the boat!

Erik on the wake board

My first time up on water skis!  They were big beginner skis, and I'm sure that helped me.  Good thing I'm not too far along and could still do it.  The last couple of times we were on the boat, I was either big and pregnant with Wyatt or Jackson, so this was the first time I even had the chance to try.  I'm not sure if I can master the wake board.  I guess it will have to be during next pregnancy :)

These two are totally two peas in a pod



Jackson up on the knee board.  I was so proud of him.  I wondered if he'd be too nervous to do it by himself, but he was all about it!  Even after falling a few times, he kept wanting to try again.  He did end up getting the hang of it; he rode for about 200 yards!

Auntie Kaitlin with a sleeping Wyatt



the kids enjoying some watermelon

The next night we had a nice dinner and smores at the Becerras, who were nice enough to let us stay at their place for the trip.  Wyatt was really enjoying the graham crackers!

holding beautiful baby Jadie.  Such a gross picture of me, but it was the only one of Jadie so I had to post it :)

Jackson enjoyed the smores too!


The whole family.  It really was a great trip.  It's exciting to see the Nyholm clan growing and growing!!!

Comments

kathryn said…
Cute pictures! The Nyholms are growing quickly! Lots of grandkids. It looks like a fun trip.
Kelsey said…
THanks Jenny- Ihavent blogged this yet, so i think i'll be stealing it and replacing some pics. It was fun seeing you guys. we're seriously considering thanksgiving...
erin said…
i am SO impressed with jackson and the kneeboarding! wish i was there to see it. good job the skis!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures