I Don't Like Seeing Blood

I think it's really funny that we are only living in Arizona for the horrible summer and then leaving before the weather gets nice.  In so many ways it's like living through Rexburg winters where the kids are trapped in the house all day, because it is too miserable outside (except for swimming, just like in Rexburg there is playing in the snow).  Anyway, I've had to think of the my "indoor winter activities" that I did then like shaving cream painting.  The boys had a lot of fun with it today, and I really like the smell of shaving cream, so it was a win-win.
Later in the afternoon, we did go swimming and had a lot of fun.  The pool is consistently cool enough now, even though it is still well above 100.  After an hour or so of having fun, of course something had to go wrong, and it did.  Wyatt was kicking a ball on the cement and ran to get it, slipped on a wet spot and smacked his head on the hard cement.  I felt so bad (and scared!).
I quickly scooped him up and soothed him, and he actually quite crying right away.  We were sitting in the pool, and Jackson said, "Mom Wyatt has blood all over his back."  He was totally bleeding and I didn't even realize it!!  Then, I felt even worse.  I was worried I would have to take him in (this is when not having Erik really stinks!), but after I washed it off, it stopped bleeding, so I guess it's OK.  A little bit later while I was fixing dinner, Wyatt was playing on the couches and slipped off and fell onto our hard tile. . . right on his head!!! This poor kid cannot catch a break!!  I was on alert for signs of a concussion (there weren't any) and I must admit it was kind of nice babying him the rest of the night.

Comments

erin said…
poor wyatt! i love the shaving cream idea!
Tera said…
Oh Man. Poor little guy. It's gotta be the age. When we were on our vacation over the summer Nathan smacked his head at least 5 times (leaving a huge goose egg once, a bruise once and a big bloody scrape once). I was starting to get self conscious about taking him out in public (people might start talking ...HE HE HE).
Kristen said…
Blood is the worst! You are so lucky he didn't need stitches...there is nothing worse than having to hold a kid down while they get stitches in their head, except maybe holding a mask over their face to put them to sleep before surgery! Hope his headache goes away soon!
kathryn said…
Oh my! Poor little Wyatt! That is scary and I'm glad he was ok! You are a very creative mom!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures