Meet Virginia

Well we made it back!  All in all it was a huge success because a) I never threw up and b) well mostly just A.  I really think I've turned a corner with my morning sickness; a lot of prayers were answered with this one!

Anyway, we did have a good time in Winchester.  We mostly just drove around, trying to figure out where we would want to live.  I left Winchester being really excited about some things and less excited about others.  But that's how it is no matter where you live, there's always good with the bad. 

I really didn't take any pictures.  I always forget!  I did take this one though of a pretty area right outside the town.  There is a lot of country feel to the place, which we both really like.  I have a feeling that I will want to live in a more typical suburban neighborhood in town.  However, if I already knew people there or the area better I might be adventurous enough to live someplace like this.  So beautiful!!

This is a picture of one the neighborhoods we liked.  I really love the colonial eastern style homes that are pretty much all there is there.  One thing that disappointed me was the way the yards looked (do I sound picky??).  I guess most people don't put in sprinkler systems because there is usually enough rain.  This year however, was an especially dry one and left all of the lawns so ugly.  I never realized how much I like a nice plot of grass until now!

It was a lot of fun spending so much time with Erik.  It's funny because the last "date" we went on was when we were house hunting in Phoenix by ourselves in April.  I guess if we keep this moving thing up, every few months we will at least get a date out of it!  We saw "The Other Guys" on Friday which was fun.  It was a typical Will Ferrell movie where I laughed so hard I cried in some parts, and other parts made me want to leave the theater.

Meanwhile, the boys had a wonderful time with their Grandmother.  She was so wonderful with them; I'm sure Jackson and Wyatt really exhausted her (they do me at least!). She even made us some beef stew before we came home, because I had said I was craving some before she came.

some pictures from their little trip to the Mesa Temple on Sunday afternoon.


Comments

kathryn said…
Virginia looks so pretty! I'm really glad your morning sickness is improving--or at least it improved for your trip. When do you think you will move?
Kaitlin said…
Humpty Dumpty is at the Mesa temple? And Virginia looks beautiful...I'll have to start saving now so we can come visit
Molly said…
Ok, I was feeling like a bit of a stalker looking at your blog so often to see if you had posted about Virginia (knowing the prompt poster you are!) So glad to hear it all went ok and you're feeling a little better! Those houses are truly my favorite style!!! ahh so so cute, seriously that is something to get excited about :) And your mom is just too cute/sweet with your boys...so nice to know they were in such good hands huh? P.s. i need to call you soon about later this month!! you'll still be around right?!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures