Promethazine

I was wrong about turning a corner with my morning sickness-- no such corner was turned, in fact it was getting worse!  Luckily, I had a Dr. apt this week and I was able to get some medicine.  I was so reluctant to get something, because I just worry about how it will affect the baby.  However, the Dr. strongly assured me that it was completely safe, and I feel like it is unfair to Jackson and Wyatt for me to be so sick.  I thought it was funny that Dr. McKernnan said he would bet me "a cold diet Pepsi" that the baby is a girl because I've had such a tough time this go around.  That's not exactly a scientific conclusion, so we'll see . . .
Our neighbor was passing out roses yesterday morning to everyone in the cul-de-sac.  She said she wanted to do something positive on September 11.  I thought it was really sweet.  This is a great neighborhood-- sad to leave it!



For the last few weeks I have not being able to stand the smell or taste of meat.  Breakfast foods however, always sound yummy so "luckily" for Erik, I think we will be eating our fair share at IHOP or other simialar type places.  Last night we were at least 40-50 years younger than any other customer.  I guess I have old people's taste buds right now . . .



Jackson has been really wanting to get his face painted, so we picked some up from Walmart yesterday.  While Erik and Wyatt napped this afternoon, I attempted to paint a red tiger face on Jackson.
scary
and then the tiger helped me bake a pumpkin pie.  This is first baking I've done in I don't know how long.  That medicine must be working! :)

Comments

Stephanie said…
I'm sorry you're not feeling better. I hated meat while I was pregnant too. Just the thought of it made me sick! When are you guys moving to VA? It seems like a really nice place to live. I love the east coast.
Kristen said…
Promethazine is very handy stuff...just make sure you don't have to drive anywhere after you take it! This pregnancy has kicked my butt harder than any of my "boy" pregnancies, so I guess there could be some truth to the girl theory!
Molly said…
I'm so sad to think of your sickness..(it makes me feel kind of guilty that I'm not sick!) I really hope the medicine works! And Jackson looked great, you're such a cute mommy :) btw, I was much sicker with both my girls than I was with max! but i know it certainly can be different for everybody!
Kelsey said…
I'm so glad the medicine is working for you! I think you're incredible for being able to deal with everything you are...I'm not sure I could.
erin said…
love the tiger face! i hope you have a girl! it will be SO fun to see a girl nyholm and see big brothers jackson & wyatt w/ a baby sister! a boy will be cute too, and will keep the grandchild even.
Emily said…
I love drugs. Makes everything feel better. I'm glad you are getting some relief.

IHOP? Seriously? That is foul.

Hmm I was really sick with both my kids but Morgan gave me heartburn that I thought I would die from. Why do we do this to ourselves?
kathryn said…
I love the tiger paint. Good job! I'm glad you are feeling better--it will be fun to see if you are having a girl and that is why you are so sick.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures