My Cop-Out Christmas Letter
I have LOVED getting people's Christmas Cards this year-- they are so much fun. Every time I walk past the past the spot where they are all displayed I get such a happy little feeling. However, I have decided to give myself a pass this year on doing them. I had a really cute idea of us posing in front of a moving truck b/c that is pretty much been our whole year, but between my ongoing morning sickness and everything else that's been going on, I really just want to enjoy Christmas as much I can even if that means not doing everything we usually do. So, because I haven't had a chance to do a year end review type letter, I'm going to do it right here. Feel free not to read this, because it's really just for me anyway :)
Our year has been CRAZY! We lived in Visalia, CA until April. We lived in Avondale, AZ in a little apt. until the end of July. And then in our house in Glendale, AZ until the end of October. And now we live in Winchester, VA. Erik started working in VA while the boys and I were still living in AZ, I've gone through morning sickness from-you-know-where, and we've also tried to raise two happy, healthy, righteous boys in the process. Even through all of these stressful things, it's amazing to me that for the most part I've been happy. I've also had my fair share of dark moments of course, but my testimony of God's love for all of us has increased dramatically. I have experienced countless "tender mercies" that have sustained me. I'm sure in a few years, I'll figure out even more! Here are some of our highlights from the different states we've lived in:
CALIFORNIA
Wyatt: Started saying more words, stayed overnight without Mom and Dad twice [went camping with Grammy, Poppy, Peter, and Jackson while Erik and I went house hunting in Phoenix, and stayed with Grandpa, Grandmother, Laurel, and Jackson for a night while Erik and I stayed in Sacramento (along with Bob and Janet) before my race].
Jackson: turned 4, started going to Sunbeams class at church, went to parks and rec soccer class, then participated in a soccer league.
Jenny: enjoyed being close to family and the many weekends in Livermore or Stockton, loved being able to ride the bike with the kids in the trailer to the Target that was a mile from our house (seriously, this was a major highlight for me), ran my first half marathon.
Erik: continued working hard as plant manager in Visalia for Pro Build, worked as Scout Master, drove the family in Janet and Bob's trailer to Rexburg and Utah to check/do maintenance on the house (super fun trip by the way!)
ARIZONA
Wyatt: started going to nursery at church, was without Mom and Dad (again!) for a weekend-- he and Jackson were taken care of by Grandmother while Erik and I checked out Winchester.
Jackson: learned how to swim (and swim, and swim, and swim), started a preschool/Joy school class with four other girls.
Jenny: picked out a house in Glendale, started having morning sickness, found out we were having a girl.
Erik: worked hard as plant manager in Phoenix, moved into a new home, racked up a TON of sky miles with trips from Phoenix to Virginia, drove across the country with his Dad and Jackson, was assistant scout master :)
VIRGINIA
Wyatt: turned 2, flew on his longest airplane trip to date with Mom, discovered he could copy whatever Jackson said (Jackson has used this power for good and ill), obsessed with trucks (especially when it is hooked up to a trailer), fire engines, and trains.
Jackson: started going to preschool/playgroup with Mom and Wyatt, continued being a big helper to Mom and Dad
Jenny: moved into a house sight unseen (I trusted Erik), discovered that moving this many times entails a lot of work that I never would have imagined
Erik: has been working hard as plant manager in Winchester, had another full time job of managing all of the moving parts of selling our two homes (one down one to go!) :).
OK judging how long this letter would've been, it's probably best we didn't send one out! :) So here's to a happy (and more stationary) 2011. We are excited to welcome our next little one and continue to enjoy and be thankful for all of our family and friends!
Our year has been CRAZY! We lived in Visalia, CA until April. We lived in Avondale, AZ in a little apt. until the end of July. And then in our house in Glendale, AZ until the end of October. And now we live in Winchester, VA. Erik started working in VA while the boys and I were still living in AZ, I've gone through morning sickness from-you-know-where, and we've also tried to raise two happy, healthy, righteous boys in the process. Even through all of these stressful things, it's amazing to me that for the most part I've been happy. I've also had my fair share of dark moments of course, but my testimony of God's love for all of us has increased dramatically. I have experienced countless "tender mercies" that have sustained me. I'm sure in a few years, I'll figure out even more! Here are some of our highlights from the different states we've lived in:
CALIFORNIA
Wyatt: Started saying more words, stayed overnight without Mom and Dad twice [went camping with Grammy, Poppy, Peter, and Jackson while Erik and I went house hunting in Phoenix, and stayed with Grandpa, Grandmother, Laurel, and Jackson for a night while Erik and I stayed in Sacramento (along with Bob and Janet) before my race].
Jackson: turned 4, started going to Sunbeams class at church, went to parks and rec soccer class, then participated in a soccer league.
Jenny: enjoyed being close to family and the many weekends in Livermore or Stockton, loved being able to ride the bike with the kids in the trailer to the Target that was a mile from our house (seriously, this was a major highlight for me), ran my first half marathon.
Erik: continued working hard as plant manager in Visalia for Pro Build, worked as Scout Master, drove the family in Janet and Bob's trailer to Rexburg and Utah to check/do maintenance on the house (super fun trip by the way!)
ARIZONA
Wyatt: started going to nursery at church, was without Mom and Dad (again!) for a weekend-- he and Jackson were taken care of by Grandmother while Erik and I checked out Winchester.
Jackson: learned how to swim (and swim, and swim, and swim), started a preschool/Joy school class with four other girls.
Jenny: picked out a house in Glendale, started having morning sickness, found out we were having a girl.
Erik: worked hard as plant manager in Phoenix, moved into a new home, racked up a TON of sky miles with trips from Phoenix to Virginia, drove across the country with his Dad and Jackson, was assistant scout master :)
VIRGINIA
Wyatt: turned 2, flew on his longest airplane trip to date with Mom, discovered he could copy whatever Jackson said (Jackson has used this power for good and ill), obsessed with trucks (especially when it is hooked up to a trailer), fire engines, and trains.
Jackson: started going to preschool/playgroup with Mom and Wyatt, continued being a big helper to Mom and Dad
Jenny: moved into a house sight unseen (I trusted Erik), discovered that moving this many times entails a lot of work that I never would have imagined
Erik: has been working hard as plant manager in Winchester, had another full time job of managing all of the moving parts of selling our two homes (one down one to go!) :).
OK judging how long this letter would've been, it's probably best we didn't send one out! :) So here's to a happy (and more stationary) 2011. We are excited to welcome our next little one and continue to enjoy and be thankful for all of our family and friends!

Comments
Did you really sell one of your houses! which one? Congrats on that!