Halloween: Phase One

On Saturday, we went trick or treating at the downtown walking mall.  It was great seeing the kids dressed up.  I will say I was less than thrilled with all of the smoke I had to breath in though!  There are so many more smokers here in VA than any other place we have lived.  Times like these, makes me pine for the "government take-over laws" of California that make it near impossible for people to smoke there :)
Getting all ready.  So on Friday Wyatt decided to not be Wolverine, like he'd been planning for the past month and a half, and instead be a cowboy.  I wasn't going to fight it however, because we had everything for a cowboy costume already (Jackson was one when he was 4).


A little later I realized I had put on his chaps backwards, haha they didn't last on Wyatt for long anyway.

handsome cowboy!

Jackson was still ready to be Wolverine.  

Scary claws!

Anna picking her cowgirl hat.  Her costume hasn't quite panned out either.  Her tutu fit great a month ago, but I swear this girl just keeps shooting up and now the skirt is a bit too short.  Oh and I also left her pink handkerchief in her closet-- good thing we have a couple of chances to dress up :)


Now that is one good looking cowboy :)


Wyatt fell asleep on the way over to Loudon Street, so he was pretty mellow and just wanted to sit in the wagon.  




I think Anna was just perplexed by the whole operation.  "Why do people keep plunking candies in my bucket?  I'm not complaining!!"

When we first arrived we just sailed to each business, however before long, the crowds really swelled and we had to wait in line to get to the next spot.  We ended up just skipping some of the stores.






On Sunday afternoon, we continued the Halloween fun with some carving time!  (Don't you just love my lazy Sunday outfit, smudged eye make up and all haha)






Fun time of year for sure!

Comments

Molly said…
love the costumes! you all look adorable...love that cowgirl tutu!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures