Monster Truck Bash

11:00 am did not come soon enough for Wyatt Nyholm.  He was soooo excited for this party, and though it was a lot of fun- I also think it was a little crazy for me.  We tried keeping the numbers low, but in the end there were 10 kids (not including our own), which is a lot of loud voices to talk over! :)

I tried getting the kids to color monster truck pages while we waited for everyone to arrive, but mostly the older kids wanted to watch for people on the porch and Wyatt and some others wanted to play with the toys in the family room- oh well.  I think a couple of girls actually colored haha.


Our first activity was You Tube-ing monster truck clips.  Wyatt loooooves watching these things.  I think it's so funny, because i have a distinct memory of seeing a commercial for a monster truck rally when I was little and I thought, "Ugh gross!  Who would ever want to go and see such a dumb thing!"  Haha gotta support my boys' interest I guess :)
(Big shout out to Amanda for taking all of the pictures!!  I don't feel like filtering them so I'm just putting them all up.  You don't want to look at 300 pictures of a 4 year old's birthday party you say?  Well, I don't blame you, but I still don't want to filter.)








After getting inspired by the videos, we then made our own monster truck arenas.  I gave everyone a cardboard tray, some smashed up cars, and different tubes and papers to build ramps, and markers to color on.  Thank goodness for smarter moms than me that put up their party ideas on blogs.  And thank goodness for google that help me find those blogs! :)










Next up was a monster truck course in the backyard.  Wyatt was really excited for this game, because I bought a little monster truck for everyone to share on the course.




Birthday boy was up first.



It was fun watching all of them take their turns.  I'm glad the weather was nice enough to be outside because the kids could go in and out of cheering them on or play on the trampoline and playground.


 
Cute seeing Davin and his little brother Cody go through together. 






Pizza time!! I should also mention how thankful I was for the few parents that stayed at the party.  I had told people that they could just drop off really being OK with that.  In the middle of the party though, I wished I could split myself into 4 to attend to everything that needed attending to.  Luckily I had some helpers!!

Cake time!


Trying to cover all of the spit that was flying out of Wyatt's mouth . . . mmm appetizing.


Wyatt had been waiting to "drive" the truck over the cake since it was made and was so happy that I let him do it real quick before it was cut.


The party was only an hour and a half and we were on a time crunch to fit lunch, cake, and presents at the end.  I've heard of some parties that don't do presents at the party and I wish we did that, because rushing through them like we did felt wrong.  And it resulted in one crazy scene of witnessing my two boys descend onto a present like two hungry lions on a fresh zebra corpse.  Not my proudest Mommy moment for sure!!

All in all though, it went just fine.  I am pretty happy though that I don't have to plan another birthday party until January 2014 (we only do friend's parties every other year).

How long can I leave up my shrine wall??  I love walking by it and seeing pictures of baby Wyatt!


Love my Wy-Guy!

Comments

Molly said…
looked like such a fun boy party! and i liked looking at the 300 pictures...probably because i have a 4 year old boy too :) the monster truck box idea looked so fun, loved seeing wyatt drive the big truck over the cars too :) oh and your comment about not liking the monster trucks as a little girl had me laughing out loud..haha, i was for sure the same way (ha actually i still don't get it, but it is fun to get excited about whatever our little boys love!!)...love the picture of you and erik with happy happy wyatt..and i agree- at this age you still need parents there to help! way to go jenny, parties are both fun and so exhausting!
Kaitlin said…
I've been waiting for this post becuase you always have such fun parties. Lucky Wyatt!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures