Temple Lights
The Sunday after Christmas I really liked Anna's skirt she was wearing, so ya know, I took some pictures :)
Wyatt and Jackson wanted their picture taken too, but of course, they had to make some silly faces :)
After Erik got home from helping with tithing settlement, we all got ready to drive to the temple and see the Christmas lights. I put Anna's hair in a pony tail for the first time. I can't believe how old she is starting to look!
To be honest, both Erik and I were dragging our feet a little bit about driving to the temple. It's about an hour and 20 min. drive which isn't horrible but still a pretty long drive with kids. We also thought about how nice it would be to just hang out at home together on a Sunday which is something we have not been able to do throughout the whole month of December. However, our stake president had asked that every family in the stake make a trip to see the Christmas lights, so if nothing else we wanted to be obedient to that counsel.
Of course, in the end it was so worth the effort. It's amazing the Spirit that is found at the temple. Even just being in the visitor's center. It was the perfect place for our family to be that Sunday.
I always love looking at the different Nativities from around the world. It was fun picking out our favorites.
The best thing about our trip by far was a room in the visitor's center that was a room where you can watch several videos of young returned missionaries. The videos are about why they chose to serve a mission and things that happened while they were serving. The boys were just held in rapture for about 6 or 7 videos! From the look that was on their faces, I could tell they were feeling the Spirit and their budding little testimonies were being strengthened. Erik and I were just so grateful that we got to have that experience with them.
I am so very thankful for the blessings of the temple. Knowing that the covenants that I made there bind my little family to me forever is about the best thing I could think of.
Before our drive home, we warmed up with some hot chocolate and cookies. Doesn't Erik look like he has a big cigar in his mouth? Haha that would be an interesting sight at the temple :)
Comments