Visit From Grammy and Poppy

The past two weekends, we were blessed to have Erik's parents visiting (the week in between they were in PA with Janet's mother).  I really can't say enough about how grateful we feel living so far away, to have family visit us.  It certainly brightened up what can be a bummer of a month.

Last Friday evening when they arrived, we went over to a local pizza parlor.  Erik and I had never gone to this one, but it was great.  I'm sure we will go again sometime.

On Saturday, after hanging out for awhile, we lunched at McDonald's (where else when we are with Nyholms? :) ), then Janet and I got manicures.  We were going to do a pedicure, but since it's winter and we didn't want to wear flip flops, and my left big toe nail is still just a tiny stump (my toe nail fell off in October) we went with doing our nails.  It was a lot of fun and a nice get-a-way.  We hit up a couple of stores which is always great kid-free.

Saturday night was our bowling night!  Jackson and Wyatt were really anxious to return to the bowling alley after our bowling activity over Christmas break.

Love these two!



I mostly just took little videos at the bowling alley, so there aren't any pictures of Wyatt!

Unfortunately, the rest of their visit is unphotographed too.  Sometimes I get really lazy about taking pictures when we are visiting family or when they come to us, but then I always regret it.

Anyway, the next day, Sunday, was just nice and relaxing.  Having Janet and Robert sit with me in Sacrament meeting took such a weight of stress off me.  I was loving life! :)  To top it off Robert made a delicious chicken fajita dinner that night, so I didn't even need to cook! :)

On Saturday afternoon, they returned to Winchester.  Erik and I got a babysitter and us adults went out to Texas Longhorn for dinner.  We all had a great time.  And bonus: Anna went to bed super great with the babysitter!  Yeah! :)

Sunday was another relaxing fun day together.  Again it was great having their help at church.  Janet took Anna out during Sacrament Meeting and held Anna for her entire nap. My kids are so lucky to have such grandparents!  We had some pasta,homemade french bread, salad, and homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream that evening.  Oh we also redboxed Pitch Perfect after the kids went to bed.  I don't think I liked it nearly as well as most people I have talked to about it, but whatever.  It had been awhile since Erik and I had time to watch a whole movie so that was nice.

Monday morning Janet and I went on a walk, and then we all went to McDonald's for breakfast.  
Erik, the kids, and I were just so happy to see Janet and Robert.  I love that my kids have a real relationship with them and that they know that they are truly loved by both sets of grandparents!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
Oh.My.Gosh. I laughed SO hard at Pitch Perfect! (Although i could have done w/o some of the inappropriate references and the throw up).
erin said…
mc donalds for breakfast? that is one thing i CAN do without!
Molly said…
sounds like some pretty wonderful grandparents!! and i'm so glad anna went down with a babysitter for you, i'm still nervous for that one. oh and that you got help at church-yay!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures