Camping

A couple of weeks ago we took of first camping trip of the year!  We went to a close spot right outside of  Front Royal (where we camped in the fall).


A dandelion!






Well about an hour after we got there (which was around 2:00?) the rain started pouring down.  It's times like these that I love our trailer.  And since Erik put a TV in last September we were able to really relax while waiting out the rain :)


So the kids watched a DVD and Erik and I took a nap!  Well I put myself to sleep by working on my Relief Society lesson I was working on :)


After the rain cleared, we ventured outside and took a little walk around the campsite and then a drive.











Then it was dinner and s'more time!






Then we played a rousing game of hide and seek- I found a great spot behind some trees :)  Once it was dark we all headed back in, and watched Captain Amercia . . . until the battery died that is.

The next morning we had a delicious pancake and egg breakfast and I took the kids around the campground again while Erik packed things up.




Since Erik was just called into the YM, he felt like he should drop in on their near by activity of rock climbing.  So we dropped by and we joined in!  It was my first time too.  We have a woman in our ward, Wendy, who is an expert rock climber and every Thursday, she and anyone else that wants to, climbs together.  I've always been scared to take Anna and Wyatt with me, but seeing how much they both loved this activity, make me want to try it out again.

When we first got there one of the deacons was climbing and he had a rough time coming down.  I was really grateful to see him work through his fears, because it made me process what my fears would be when it was my turn.  So thanks a bunch scared deacon :)


The kids had fun exploring around the rocks.


And watching the climbers.


I was next up and feeling a little nervous!

But it really was fun!  I got pretty high, but then couldn't get passed the "roof."







Like I said, because I had worked through what my fears might have been about letting go and trusting the rope when it was time to come down while the deacon was climbing, I had no trouble when it was my turn to do it.

What a great belayer.


Jackson's turn was next and he did an awesome job!







He had absolutely no problem coming down either.




Erik's turn!





Erik stopped at the same point I did for a bit, but then was able to get past the roof with his freakishly long limbs (haha I'm just jealous).







Go Erik!

Wyatt was very excited for his turn.





I was so proud of Wyatt.

And I have to admit it was pretty adorable seeing Anna all harnessed up, ready to go.



She got a little bit of head start :)








She seemed to have no fear of the heights!

Wyatt got to go up a second time as well.


Jackson's second climb.





It was such a fun family experience.  I know we would love to do it again!

After climbing we went back to the campsite and had lunch then went back home.  Immediately after I took Jackson to a fun birthday party at a farm in Berryville.  Jackson wanted me to stick around so Wyatt and I enjoyed the beautiful scenery and animals.







And the weekend was capped off by the relief of being done with my RS lesson and enjoying the beautiful sights of spring! :)

Comments

Molly said…
loved this post...the camping pictures just make me happy..love camping and love seeing your darling family...so fun you all rock climbed-even anna! and your "thanks a bunch scared deacon" comment cracked me up
and yeah didn't even know you were in RS and just found out about seminary...where have i been?!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures