Happy Easter
Our Easter weekend was a great one this year! I saw an idea on Pinterest to use the Gospel Art Kit pictures and talk about the things that Jesus Christ did on each day leading up to Easter Sunday. Wow, what a difference that made for our family in our focus of Easter! I am definitely doing this again next year. I also loved singing the Easter primary songs at night. Oh and the Mormon Message called "Because of Him" really enhanced my Easter worship this year. What a wonderful time of year!!
The boys had Thursday and Friday off of school which always helps us get in a celebratory mood as well!
We started Thursday off with an Easter egg hunt with some friends. Everyone brought eggs, the Moms hid them, and then the kids took off each trying to find eggs as fast as they could (with a limit of 8 of course :)
After the egg hunt Erik and I took some subway over to McDonalds for the kids to get their nuggets. I love that Erik prefers Subway over McDonalds now! Never thought I'd see that day :)
So my plan all along was to take the kids to DC and visit the zoo on Friday. After hearing some horror stories of families that attempted DC on Thursday with all of the spring break busy-ness I decided to wimp out of that endeavour. Soo, we hung out at home for a bit and then met Erik at the Alamo to watch Rio 2.
But of course I had to take a few pics of silly Wyatt and Anna. I thought Anna did a great job of picking out her outfit that morning :)
Alamo fun!
On Saturday afternoon, we dyed our eggs. This was my first successful batch of hard boiled Easter eggs in like three years haha.
On Saturday evening we went to Berryville park to walk around the running track there.
And we finished our night off with ice cream!
Easter morning came bright and early! Since we have 9:00 am church, we told the kids that the baskets wouldn't happen until after church. This made our morning less hectic than it could have been! Anna, Wyatt, and Jackson were excited to wear their new Easter dresses, ties, and shirts (respectively)
We had a great church service and the kids were totally spoiled rotten by their Primary teachers. Especially Jackson, Sister Skilldum makes homemade chocolates and candies that are just delicious.
Round two of pictues before baskets. Haha I am such a mean Mom!
Then the kids took off, searching for their Easter baskets and seeing what the "Easter Bunny" left them.
Anna found hers!
And the boys found theirs!
And I'll include this copy of the previous group shot, because I like the springtime frame :)
Of course the new baby had to be washed and the new legos had to be put together right away.
Pretty soon, it just made sense to get in the bath with the baby!
I was pretty excited about Easter dinner! Roasted leg of lamb, salad, rolls, jello eggs, and rosemary red potatoes.
Since we already did a candy Easter egg hunt with friends on Thursday, I decided to do our family's egg hunt a little different (again thank you, pinterest). The plastic eggs were filled with "privilege coupons." They were a big hit, I think we will do this again next year as well.
Checking out the haul.
We finished off our lovely Easter Sunday with a walk around the neighborhood. I love it when we can do that!
Comments