Finally Spring!

 When I was looking at this batch of pictures to blog (everything from mid April- Easter), I realized a common thread was lots of gorgeous weather.  We have welcomed Spring with welcome and loving arms, hoping it will stay awhile before the hot, sticky (and inevitably fun) summer weather rolls in.

This was my view while I ran on the treadmill one morning.  Anna and I had regularly gone to the gym each morning we dropped off Wyatt at preschool.  However, because of different conflicts, I feel like we haven't been going as much lately.  I must admit it's a lot harder to get a good workout, because I'm constantly having to stop and attend to the kids, but they sure do make cute running scenery :)

Wyatt had his kindergarten physical- and he did great!  Really.  No tears, just cooperation and being the sweet, brave boy that he is :)  I can't believe that he is stating this fall.  I still haven't heard if it's final that kindergarten will be all day, and I'm holding out hope it won't be!

Anna and I hooked up with a co-op preschool we will be joining this fall and joined them on their "field trip" to the Evan's farm.  It was a lot of fun.  And of course we brought Mailing May :)




Another beautiful day spent outside, we had a lovely picnic at Berryville park.

I had a fun time getting pedicures with friends.  Brittany Mitchell, who was about to have her baby (and since had him, yay!) wanted to get one done before she went into the hospital.  This was my second pedicure ever.  My first was right before I had Anna, so I could look at some pretty pink toes in my hospital bed!


Another park day, this one Jim Barnett.  I thought it was cute how much Wyatt wanted to look through my Entertainment Weekly that had just come in the mail.  There are always superhero movies featured in that magazine that I will point out to him.


While we were at Jim Barnett, we wandered over to Abram's Delight, the oldest house in Winchester.  It was fun to read about it.  But you know what I finally discovered?  A lot of the rich and deep history that pervades this area is tied to the Civil War.  Winchester changed hands between Union and Confederate forces more than any other place in the country.  But this area was Confederate through and through.  So the Union soldiers were the "invaders" and the heroes that are celebrated here were Confederate.  I honestly have to admit that this deflates my excitement of this area a bit.  It's kind of hard to feel pride for the history of Winchester, when they fought on the wrong side.  Anyway, I don't have time to go into more, or to go back and make what I just wrote make sense, so I will just leave it at that haha






After visiting Abram's Delight, we wandered over to visit the ducks.



That evening we took Mailing May to Millbrook High School's performance of The Wizard of Oz.  It was fantastic! It was especially fun to see several youth from our ward in the production.  The kids stayed engaged the entire time.  We even decided to watch the original Wizard of Oz movie while we recuperated from the stomach flu a few days later.


We had a nice time at Wyatt's opening T-Ball game!  It's fun to see him play out there!



Wy-Guy up to bat.


I thought he looked so cute in his catcher's uniform.

And I couldn't get enough of Wyatt and Anna holding hands after the game!


Jackson was on a true reading tear for a while and went through a bunch of Magic Tree House books (so much so that he tried reading one while we were on our Sunday walk).  Because I think those books are so great, I'm happy to buy them for our home library.  However, now he has read up until they have published paperback collections, and buying each one individually is a lot more.  So, we are trying to find other series that we both love.  He loves Diary of a Wimpy Kid and the Big Nate books, but those aren't ones I love enough to buy (borrowing from the library is good enough for those), so if anyone has good recommendations of a wholesome, exciting book series for a second grader, I'm all ears :)

Cute Anna selfies are hard to delete from my phone.
  
The "tradition" that started last summer is still going strong.  Whenever we treat ourselves to a drink at Target (which isn't very often maybe once every other month or so) the kids have to do a tongue color contest.  Since it was just Anna with me this time she won :)



  
My asparagus has been growing!  I've eaten it a few times now (though I ruined my biggest harvest by roasting them too long in the oven ).

My favorite way to prepare them as been to stir fry with salt and pepper.  Yum!

Another T-Ball game, but this was COLD!


We all found ways to keep warm!


And Jackson lost his second front tooth!  I love seeing that gummy grin :)

Comments

Dana said…
Is Mailing May a friend of Flat Stanley?
Molly said…
lots of fun pictures...anna and wyatt holding hands is too precious...has jackson tried out boxcar children?

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures