Birthday Time and Apple Party!
The morning of my birthday some friends met for a birthday brunch! It was really sweet of them all to come, and it was fun trying out a new place (and yes, the hot cakes really did taste heavenly).
To spoil myself some more, while Anna was at preschool I parked myself on the couch with some birthday treats and watched 2 episodes of Gilmore Girls. It was very nice.
And then that evening, the kids and I got dinner (I chose sushi) and we watched Beauty and the Beast while we ate. I was really treating myself well haha And since Erik was gone on a work trip, they kids all slept in my room and we watched . . . oh shoot I can't remember the movie we watched that night haha
That whole three fictional character thing that was going on was fun. My 3 that I decided on was Millie, Jerry, and Elizabeth :)
And because Amanda is hilarious, she gave me three fictional characters that represent Maverick haha
It's that time of year again: family pictures! I still can't decide if I want the just blues/grays or if I want the pop of pink. Decisions, decisions . . .
We bought a new 4-wheeler. I thought it was kind of funny that Erik kept telling the kids it was MY -wheeler. I really could care less if we had them haha
Wyatt scored an awesome goal at the end of one of his games! I loved seeing how proud he was!
On Friday night, Erik and I went out. We saw Brigitte Jones which was a really cute movie! On Saturday night, we drove down to Salem to Gary and Lori's son's wedding reception. I really didn't want to go, but it was nice to see how happy Erik was reconnecting with all of those people.
Sunday walkin' it
My parents went to Hawaii last week and they texted so many great pictures to us! I sure hope Erik and I make it to Hawaii one day! I went with Troupe Cabana twice and LOVED it!
I had to laugh at the Democratic gubernatorial nominee during their debate (ahead of the presidential one). That is one goofy looking haircut!
The debate was pretty stressful to watch. I think the kids could feel the stress in the air (sorry kids!). Anna ran up to me, gave me a big hug and said, "Mom, you're my favorite golden hearted person!" That girl is so sweet!
More cute Hawaii pictures from my parents! :)
And I had to text my Mom when I wearing the shirt she gave me as one of my bday presents :)
I don't know what this video is of, but it shows how much Wyatt is playing football these days. He is always in his Steelers costume and he, Jackson, and Anna are always playing two hand touch in the backyard. Its so cute!
I had my traditional chocolate caramel apple party last Friday morning. It was my last time doing it as a playgroup since Anna will be in all day first grade next year :( I think I may host book club in October and do it with friends next year that way. It really is fun!
And delicious!
Comments