Wedding!

 The wedding ceremony was at 4:30 and we were so excited!  We dropped the kids off at the Madsens house.  Andrew and his girlfriend offered to watch our kids which was really nice.
 The ceremony was so nice!  Katie's father's cousin is the temple matron, so it was special having the temple president do the sealing.  He gave some really sweet advice, and the whole thing was just grounded in love and a sacred ordinance.  It was really great visiting with my Grandmother while we waited outside too!  She kept marveling at the fact that we all were in the temple together which was a pretty cool thing.  I told her I thought Grandpa was probably there too and said kind of paused and said, "Oh well, maybe!"  For some reason that struck me as really funny.
 We enjoyed visiting and were waiting excitedly for the bride and groom to emerge!




 Yay!!!!!



 We then picked up the kids and changed into warmer, comfortable clothes since the reception was up in the canyon.  It was very beautiful!  There was a delicious pizza food truck for dinner.  I'm pretty sure Erik got like 8 slices!  There was also a dessert table of cookies and such.  Yum, yum!


 After an hour or two a program was started.  First up was a play by one of Derrick's really good friends.  They are a husband and wife theater team.  I guess they have a web series called Adam and Eve which I've heard really good things about.  And they put on Shakespeare plays in Provo.  Anyway, they created a play of Derrick and Katie's relationship which was soooo hilarious and fun!




 After, the play another couple judged a story telling contest.  All of the stories had to be about Katie and Derrick of course.  There were some cute ones.  Then the parents spoke.  Then Derrick showed a video he made of he and Katie.  I guess he stayed up until 3am making it the night before!  It was really cute!!  And then the dancing started.  However, Anna and Wyatt were done, done, done.  So we had to leave.  I felt bad leaving the clean up for the rest of the families, but it was way too cold and late for us to stay in the canyon.

The Winsborrows left our  house after Sacrament meeting on Sunday and the lack of sleep that the kids endured with their cousin caught with them ;) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures