Family Time and Pre-Birthday Celebrations


 I have been wanting Anna to try on my BYU cheer costume for so long, and just got it back so she could!  It definitely brought back lots of memories to see her in it!  I wore that thing OUT between the grades of 1st and 3rd (I was very short, but it was definitely too small for me by third grade haha)


 Included my KSL ad photos, because these babies just sold last night!  I have to say, I feel a little sad to see them gone even though I've wanted to get rid of them for YEARS.  These were the first couches we ever bought for our very first house we ever bought in Roy :) :) 

 My instagram side-by-side :) 
 Jackson did a 3 mile hike with his webelo scout troop.  Crazy to think he is almost out of cub scouts! 

 The kids and I were pretty psyched about the rainbow we saw a couple of weeks ago!

 Love filling Anna's sweet photo requests



 Anna had her first soccer game (and tonight is her last woohoo!).  She didn't love soccer as much this season, only because her teammates actually played hard and she wasn't always the star haha 
 Anna and I met Emily and her Mackenzie for brunch the week before she moved to Arizona.  I'm sad I won't be able to see her as often, but I'm really happy for them.  We loved our time in AZ!
 I found this in the kitchen after dropping the boys off at school one morning- oh goodness!



 And then Wyatt had his first soccer game.  I am SO proud of the way he has been playing this season.  He has made huge improvements and seems to really enjoy it!  I love seeing the great job Erik has done coaching too! 
 Erin sent me some cute pics of Anna at her bff's birthday party. I love her and Chase's little friendship!  Yesterday she told me, "if I HAVE to marry a boy.  I will only marry Chase!" 

 A couple Saturdays ago the boys went to the BYU home opener.  I really wanted to go, but each ticket was like $80 and I wasn't sure how much Anna would really enjoy it, so Anna and I had a fun girls night!  We ate at Chick Fil A and Target shopped.  I let her pick out doll, and she chose the pooping Baby Alive- yikes! 
 The boys had a great time at the game too!  I guess Wyatt stayed completely engaged the entire time-asking lots of questions! 

 We gave Luna her first full haircut!  I have to admit, at first I was a little weirded out with how little she looked, but now I love it! 
 The Madsens held a "Welcome to Young Womanhood Party" for Ella (who just turned 12) and it was amazing!  We played feminist jeopardy (I won).  The grandparents told stories of how their mothers influenced them.  And Ella read a story about a female civil rights leader.  Then of course we had lots of yummy treats!

 Oh!  The digital version of Beauty and the Beast finally came out!!  I have decided that is my favorite movie (it bumped Sound of Music out of the long running top spot!).  Anyway, there is a little featurette with Kristen and Robert Lopez, Alan Menken, and Lin Manuel Miranda sitting around talking about how great Beauty and the Beast is, so this is pretty much my favorite thing ever!
 The night after Ella's party, we threw a wedding shower for Derrick and Katie!  It was a lot of fun!  Cousins, aunts, and my grandmother came and it was fun catching up.  Hard to believe their wedding is this Saturday!! 

 On my birthday eve, I got to open most of my presents :)  One from my parents before they left and one from Amanda!  She made these adorable Hillary bags!  Anna picked the double floral one for herself and I have the floral/polka dot one.  I loved showing it off at Anna's next soccer game hehehe
 I thought it was funny when I got an opposition mailer and it genuinely had the opposite effect on me.  After reading all of the horrible things they said about Doug Owens, I think want to vote for him! 
 Also since Erik went on a couple of work trips that week (one being over my birthday!), we celebrated the night before.  I had guessed my present from him, but that didn't make it any less exciting!  I have seriously made countless cups of hot chocolate since getting this! 
 Yummy Baskin Robbins cake! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures