Fun, Busy Week
Monday morning is Anna's only time to play with Chase without all of the other kids here. I love seeing the things they come up with!
Erik told me that he volunteered our family to volunteer at a soup kitchen through work. I was excited to do that, but I felt like I had to prep the kids about helping people that may seem different (like smelly or something) and how sad the homelessness problem is. Well, when we got to where we were going, I realized it wasn't a soup kitchen! It was a beautiful large house that is for veterans and their families while they are getting medical procedures. It was a fun experience. Erik and I sat and talked with a veteran that was here from Montana with his daughter. He was getting some major surgery the next day, and it was cool to hear about his life and many experiences! We definitely want to go back soon!
There were some fun playgrounds outside that the kids loved!
Wyatt did a great job on his last game. I have loved seeing his growth in soccer these past couple seasons.
And Erik was an excellent coach!
After the game we went to dinner at Sonic as a special treat. Wyatt loved that a soccer game was on the TV while we ate!
The next day I did my long run. I did a new route which was a lot of fun. It took me through the Daybreak neighborhood and there were a ton of fun Halloween houses!
That night the kids wanted to watch Thriller and that lead to like 9 straight Michael Jackson videos. It was a lot of fun!
That night, I went to a Relief Society bread class at Kaye Hyer's house. Now, I am in shock and disbelief because Kaye actually passed away yesterday. She contracted pneumonia last week and it went from bad to worse really fast. I loved her so much. She was so hilarious and friendly to everyone. I still can't believe she's gone. I'm also just really thankful I went to the bread class to get that time with her.
Jackson and I finished Harry Potter and this too gets me all emotional thinking about it. We started reading the first book when he was almost done with 2nd grade and in some ways I'm so happy its taken this long for us to finish. I'm glad that he was a bit older as the books got more intense and mature and he really loved them just like I wanted him to!
A beautiful Utah sunrise the other morning :)
The kids had a sleepover at the Hunts house. These movie treat boxes that Kaitlin made them were so cute!
I loved all the deer that were on our street as I finished my 5 mile run on Saturday!
And I was super excited that the Harry Potter movies were in the theater that week! Since we hadn't seen the last HP movie yet, we went and saw it in the IMAX theater. It was sooooooo fun. Seriously, it was one of the top things that happened this year for sure!
Comments